Leafs hockey

With the amount of cap spent on 4 or 5 players they can only seriously go after someone cheap. Keefe doesn't trust Sammy either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, lew said:

Tell us how you really feel  LOL

I can't Lew... it's hard to put 50+ years of frustration into a few words. Well, I could, but I don't want the ban hammer!

HH

1 hour ago, lew said:

There's probably only a handfull of guys on this board that even remember when they actually won the cup LOL

I do. We were living on Durie St in the High Park neighborhood of TO.  At the final buzzer everyone ran out into the street to celebrate. Car horns blaring everywhere.  I remember by Dad walking around and pouring shots of Crown for the neighbours on the front porch. As a 9 year old, I thought I'd see that sight again, at least a few more times  in the years ahead. Still waiting. Hope I see it while I'm still upright on this planet.

When or if it happens, it'll probably be the only time I'll miss being back in the city...just to experience the collective jubilation.

Never mind the World Series, NBA Championships or Grey Cups...Toronto has and (hopefully) always will be a Hockey town. There'd be one hell of a hangover afterwards..

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:27 AM, CrowMan said:

I do. We were living on Durie St in the High Park neighborhood of TO.  At the final buzzer everyone ran out into the street to celebrate. Car horns blaring everywhere.  I remember by Dad walking around and pouring shots of Crown for the neighbours on the front porch. As a 9 year old, I thought I'd see that sight again, at least a few more times  in the years ahead. Still waiting. Hope I see it while I'm still upright on this planet.

When or if it happens, it'll probably be the only time I'll miss being back in the city...just to experience the collective jubilation.

Never mind the World Series, NBA Championships or Grey Cups...Toronto has and (hopefully) always will be a Hockey town. There'd be one hell of a hangover afterwards..

leafs ever win the cup...southern ontario will most certainly be closed the day of the final game and the following. It might actually get downright weird for a bit.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

leafs ever win the cup...southern ontario will most certainly be closed the day of the final game and the following. It might actually get downright weird for a bit.

No doubt. I recall last year when they got to the second round more people were talking about it around me who weren't really into hockey.  I can't image if they get to the finals how it would be.  I'm just dreaming as most leaf fans do lol.

I remember the last cup win too.

Before I retired my co-workers would give me grief about the Leafs last cup win.

They would usually go quiet when I said "I went to 4 Stanley Cup parades for Leafs championships. How many have you been too for your team?"

Hopefully I'm around for the next one. I'm not confident it will be this year but as long as they're playing there's a chance.