Bass opener [lots of pics] dial-up beware

fishindevil

Well our family went to my friends cottage near the bancroft area for the bass opener,so we started early sat morn,and hit a few of our fav spots,because it was so cold,dang 7 degrees out,we were tossing jigs & small cranks,and a beetle spin,into the numerous logs and fallen trees in the lake to get to the bass,and well it worked and we did well,we didnt catch any real big bass,but lots in the 2lb range,and of course lots of small bass as well and the ocasional rock bass,my bud almost caught a lake trout when he was using a leech tossing it along a steep rock wall,the trout came almost right to the boat before he turned away,and we both seen a splash and watched him swim away in the crystal clear water....and we just repeated the same tactics on sunday,and we figure we landed about 30 or so bass mostly largemouth with maybe 10 smallies,like i said all in the 1-2lb range,they were eager and scrappy,so it kept us busy. the majority of our bass came from casting to structure,and man this lake has stumps,fallen trees,huge boulders,shallow weed flats as well as structure near deep drop offs,so there is so much to fish its amazing..i also had time to spend with my little daughter,who just loves fishing,and her and i went fishing and had a great boat ride all around the lake,she caught lots of rock bass and sunfish,she just loved it...i think i am going to have a fishing companion for life,all she wanted to do all weekend is fish with me she couldnt get enough...so here is some pics of everything,from my buds place....so enjoy.....i was hoping that the lakair trip wasnt on the bass opener so we could have come,but for about 15yrs i have always had the bass opener at my friends place so maybe next year,

bassopener07kerrys040.jpg

bassopener07kerrys020.jpg

bassopener07kerrys025.jpg

bassopener07kerrys024.jpg

bassopener07kerrys023.jpg

bassopener07kerrys024-1.jpg

bassopener07kerrys027.jpg

bassopener07kerrys022.jpg

bassopener07kerrys029.jpg

bassopener07kerrys030.jpg

bassopener07kerrys043.jpg

bassopener07kerrys008.jpg

bassopener07kerrys014.jpg

bassopener07kerrys037.jpg

bassopener07kerrys016.jpg

bassopener07kerrys007.jpg

bassopener07kerrys032.jpg

bassopener07kerrys036.jpg

bassopener07kerrys034.jpg

Yes we did have a great relaxing weekend and we will have alot more :thumbsup_anim: Geez I thought Angelina would NEVER come off that dock. As soon as she woke up and right after her meals and right up until bedtime, she was fishing! I think we should call her FishergirlJR. :clapping: