Local pond report

misfish

Thought I would get some top water rust off before heading on my way to 5 days on 5 lakes. Yes, they will all be bass filled, BUT, there might be a few pike and walleye.

LOCAL POND REPORT

It can be a tough pond to crack at times. Over fishing pressure can do this. I know there is lots of catch and keep that goes on, and that is all good . Too each their own. I prefer to catch and let swim for another angler to enjoy. I found my way out this morning , and I had a great morning. Top water and my only spinner bait, was the ticket. I made my way up the pond at 4:30 am . Got to stay away from the on coming renters. Seemed to be the right call. Pond was flat and rowing was 10-12 ft span per stroke. Oh I can move that toon along pretty quick when I want to. Knowing the wind was going to kick up from the west, I knew a nice slow drift back was going to work for me.

I have fished this pond for over 35+ years. I know every part of it. There is no area that dosent hold fish. You need to know how. Fishing from the toon, limits my covering area, but I can catch fish here. The weeds are up, but they seem to be dead. Brown weeds. There is some fresh green .

Top water will get you pike and bass, so you never know what your going to get. Spinner baits produce the same.

Seem the pic snap from video are too big. Another learning curve.

bass 6.jpg

pike.jpg

Snapshot 4 (7-9-2017 3-02 PM).jpg

Hope you enjoy the video non the less...............

See ya all in 5 days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by Misfish

That video has me thinking about getting up early tomorrow, very nice work Sir. But I would need to find somewhere without waves crashing.

Nothing better, fishing at least, than hitting glass like waters with top water at daybreak or even dusk. I have to say it has to be my favorite type of fishing. Looks like you had a great morning. I have a black skirted top water buzz bait that just hammers both Bass and Pike, once even a nice Pic on the Ottawa. I've had it for years. Same axe, different head different handle if you know what I mean.

There are a few ponds out this way that were abandoned quarries that were filled and stocked with game fish. They have basically been fished out in the last few years once the word got out on the internet. A local that I worked with says people would come from as far as Toronto and keep each and every fish they caught, no matter size or species. They would bring along several kids and stick a toy rod I their hands and count fish towards their limit. A joke. Why the County never made it C&R I will never know. I'm not sure that would deter these guys. Sad to see.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Great morning out for sure.

I miss fishing all the local ponds i grew up with.......unfortunately the access over the years has diminished and most of them get so choked with growth by July that they arent even fishable anymore. Im talking much smaller ponds than the one your on however.......thats a big arse pond lol