Wimmens

dave524

Just got a whole Costco chicken out of the freezer that is in a foodsaver vacuum bag, weighed it on the kitchen scale and it's 3 lb 13 oz. said to my wife that that a pretty good size and she says it will weight less when it's thawed :wallbash: . Sometimes it is not just worth pushing things any farther, didn't get married till after I was 49 but was a quick learner :tease:

Edited by dave524

You better be a quick learner. That's it, the weight of a chicken? I only wish. She might be right Dave, there will be loss of weight from dehydration, in micrograms though.

Being married is a lot like being a criminal, you don't start late in life and you can't learn it in a classroom.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

You better be a quick learner. That's it, the weight of a chicken? I only wish. She might be right Dave, there will be loss of weight from dehydration, in micrograms though.

Being married is a lot like being a criminal, you don't start late in life and you can't learn it in a classroom.

No, it's in a bloody vacuum bag. Being married is more like being wrongfully convicted, you are NEVER right/innocent, even when you are and it's NEVER worth proving the point.

i've had customers say to me straight faced that our frozen products weigh more than our fresh products. im like, well, how is that possible if we don't add anything to vac bag before we freeze it.....

also,a 3lb 13oz chicken is small :P i brought one home from work tonight 7.5lbs, ours average 5.5-6lbs

also,a 3lb 13oz chicken is small :P i brought one home from work tonight 7.5lbs, ours average 5.5-6lbs

It's one of those Lilydales or whatever from Costco that come in a 3 pack for 20 bucks, a lot bigger than the rotisserie chicken I got there last week :whistling: . Just the wife and I , it'll do for a couple of meals, spathcocked and rubbed with olive oil and seasoning on the BBQ..

Honey, how do I look in this dress? ,,,,,,,,you liar, I need to change. Honey, how do I look in this dress?

Another episode of Rod Sterling's Twilight Zone where there is a World in our Galaxy where there are no correct answers.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I never realized how quiet and peaceful life could be until my last ex wife talked me into getting my own dog!

I never knew how quiet and peaceful life was and then I got hearing aids :whistling:

edit: we got 2, his and hers

Hers is the pitty looking one, no comment :dunno:

13781882_10210136592080464_3470437754010

Edited by dave524

My little chicken and some mixed white and sweet potato wedges on the barbie, ate the drums and thighs tonite , we'll do a few sandwiches or another meal wit the rest :) .

20170611_181131_zpsisaaguwd.jpg

You got me on the potato thing here. How do you prep and how long do you cook? Flame or indirect? I see one of those fancy broil burners in the back ground.

You got me on the potato thing here. How do you prep and how long do you cook? Flame or indirect? I see one of those fancy broil burners in the back ground.

Cut your potato wedges and put in a bowl with about a tablespoon of olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a sprinkle of dried parsley and I usually just season with some Lawry's seasoning salt but you could use Cajun or your favourite Mrs. Dash. Toss the potatoes so they are covered and grill over heat for 20 to 25 minutes, I usually grill with everything on low and the lid just cracked, that's my hi tech rock in the foreground for keeping the lid ajar, the thermometer will read about 375 to 400 like that. I use that enamelled tray a lot for all sorts of grilled veggies. The burner in the background is a ceramic rotisserie burner, works real good too , just remember to put a drip tray under the meat to save a mess. It's just a CTC Centro that I got when I retired in 2008 but I've been really pleased with it.

Cut your potato wedges and put in a bowl with about a tablespoon of olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a sprinkle of dried parsley and I usually just season with some Lawry's seasoning salt but you could use Cajun or your favourite Mrs. Dash. Toss the potatoes so they are covered and grill over heat for 20 to 25 minutes, I usually grill with everything on low and the lid just cracked, that's my hi tech rock in the foreground for keeping the lid ajar, the thermometer will read about 375 to 400 like that. I use that enamelled tray a lot for all sorts of grilled veggies. The burner in the background is a ceramic rotisserie burner, works real good too , just remember to put a drip tray under the meat to save a mess. It's just a CTC Centro that I got when I retired in 2008 but I've been really pleased with it.

Thanks bud. I have seen them, just didn't know If I would use one. It,s on my shopping list this weekend. I do love roasted carrots too. Maybe a maple glaze would be fitting. It all will balance out for my diet. :canadian:

Thanks bud. I have seen them, just didn't know If I would use one. It,s on my shopping list this weekend. I do love roasted carrots too. Maybe a maple glaze would be fitting. It all will balance out for my diet. :canadian:

I've done asparagus, carrots, beets and cauliflower too recently, it's all good :thumbsup_anim:

edit: crap I see Photobucket is screwing up again, my photo is missing :wallbash:

an hour later it's back

Edited by dave524

I like to cut zucchini, peppers onions etc into chunks, toss in oil and your favorite spices and grill em up. After they're done put them in a glass bowl with a half chevre of goat cheese. Cover with foil and let it melt in. It's super good.

Edited by Dutch01

A cast iron fry pan also works great for veggies on the grill. I was shown this method well over 20 years ago. I was kind of skeptical at first when he told me about the method but I sure am glad I tried it. Fill pan with cut up potatoes, onions, garlic cloves, peppers, shrooms, carrots etc. Add maybe half a cup of zesty Italian dressing, mix and dot with butter. Grind some fresh pepper over top and spice as you like and then sprinkle well with fresh grated parm. Cover with foil and into the closed grill or use a rock to prop open a bit. :) Timing is the key, I like things just starting to brown in the pan, usually I'll check progress around the 30-35 minute mark. Sometimes I'll take the foil off for the last 10 minutes. Plus the whole pan can go on the table, serve from it and things stay hot for a good while in case of seconds.

You will definitely be impressed. And you won't do it just once I can safely say.

Cheers

Edit: As for the OP I've got a good story lol. My wife can be a bit blond at times. One of the first times I brought her out to my country home 25 minutes from Kanata we went by a small farm and there were some horses running free in a 50 acre field. So she's all excited and says "Oh look. Wild horses." I rest my case.

Edited by smitty55

I like to cut zucchini, peppers onions etc into chunks, toss in oil and your favorite spices and grill em up. After they're done put them in a glass bowl with a half chevre of goat cheese. Cover with foil and let it melt in. It's super good.

Rather than spice them the way you like please try Montreal Steak Spice for all your veggies and meats. It is our house "spice". We use that s^%* on everything as the hot sauce lady says. Don't add any salt or anything, it's all in there and all perfectly balanced. Just try it once, please. I have a non stick BBQ tray with holes in it with high sides that is supposed to be a fish BBQ pan. That's what I use for the BBQ veggie stir fry. I don't put the soft veggies like mushrooms, zucchini and eggplant until the harder vegs like carrots and potatoes start to get fork soft. I just give it wash with a soft cloth and dish soap. It is seasoned now like a Wok.

The goat cheese which my wife loves is going in a bowl covered like you suggest tomorrow, great idea. If it wasn't so late the Q would be fired up now.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Rather than spice them the way you like please try Montreal Steak Spice for all your veggies and meats. It is our house "spice". We use that s^%* on everything as the hot sauce lady says. Don't add any salt or anything, it's all in there and all perfectly balanced. Just try it once, please. I have a non stick BBQ tray with holes in it with high sides that is supposed to be a fish BBQ pan. That's what I use for the BBQ veggie stir fry. I don't put the soft veggies like mushrooms, zucchini and eggplant until the harder vegs like carrots and potatoes start to get fork soft. I just give it wash with a soft cloth and dish soap. It is seasoned now like a Wok.

The goat cheese which my wife loves is going in a bowl covered like you suggest tomorrow, great idea. If it wasn't so late the Q would be fired up now.

My ex-wife used to use "Chinese five spice" which is good too. I'll try the steak spice next time (I have one from Barberian streak house in Toronto that's good). The goat cheese is amazing, you won't be disappointed!

All my grilled veggies get a splash of " BALSAMIC VINEGAR "

Thats one thing I just cant get a taste for. Maybe I had a bad one. Which one would you guys recommend?

I put that s^%&*$ on everything as well OIM. I also like the roasted garlic and pepper.

Thats one thing I just cant get a taste for. Maybe I had a bad one. Which one would you guys recommend?

I put that s^%&*$ on everything as well OIM. I also like the roasted garlic and pepper.

I just use the generic stuff from Food Basics, " Irresistible " , maybe you are using too much. Sriracha seems to be my new " I put that s^%&*$ on everything . Seasoning Salt seems to also be a go to now that there is no MSG in it anymore.