Lac Seul Walleye Opener.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well....I think my expectations and excitement of walleye opener were too high, caught fish, but its been a cold spring and the fish were all over the place, some big ones deep already, but they had lockjaw, only fish feeding seemed to be in 5' to 3' FOW in the wind....LOTS OF PIKE!

There was still ice on some north facing shores and average water temps were sub 50F.

Still awesome to get out and fish this lake, its where I feel most at peace.

Beautiful! Nice boat and great set up you have. Only thingI have caught so far this year is a pike a crappie and a bunch of bass. Walter seems to be hiding from me!

When you put the boat in the water you had me all scared, I thought it was some kind of ghost boat driving itself ! :)

Edited by LittleWorm

Beautiful! Nice boat and great set up you have. Only thingI have caught so far this year is a pike a crappie and a bunch of bass. Walter seems to be hiding from me!

When you put the boat in the water you had me all scared, I thought it was some kind of ghost boat driving itself ! :)

Thanks! I still have to catch a crappie in the boat so far this year. LOL...as for the boat.....BOOO!

How do you get the drone to follow above your truck when you're driving?

The drone has numerous auto tracking modes.

This was an amazing video as always... Love the drone shots and the boat launch.. Keep them coming...

More on the way....and THANKS!

Enjoying Simon. You are taking it to the next level.

What net are you using? I see it extends and the loops seem hook friendly and light. Might be what I am looking for.

Keep them coming bud.

Thanks Brian. The net is a Frabill Redleaf, I got it from CT on sale for $59. Looks like they discontinued it though. Its rubberized mesh, and like you say, telescopic. The handle can also be pushed up across the mouth of the net to make it even smaller, I hate having a huge net flapping around in the boat and this one is big enough for 44" pike and small enough not to be a pain!

Awesome video. What Minn Kota is that? Just a jig and live bait?

Thanks, its the new Ulterra with iPilot Link, cost more than my boat.....lol. Yup, for the most part just an eighth ounce jig with a minnow or twister tail.

sweet day - very cool drone shots man :good:

Thanks Rick, the drone is totally sick dude!....lol....i'm a wannabe surfer.

Edited by limeyangler

Thanks Brian. The net is a Frabill Redleaf, I got it from CT on sale for $59. Looks like they discontinued it though. Its rubberized mesh, and like you say, telescopic. The handle can also be pushed up across the mouth of the net to make it even smaller, I hate having a huge net flapping around in the boat and this one is big enough for 44" pike and small enough not to be a pain!

Thanks, its the new Ulterra with iPilot Link, cost more than my boat.....lol. Yup, for the most part just an eighth ounce jig with a minnow or twister tail.

Thanks Rick, the drone is totally sick dude!....lol....i'm a wannabe surfer.

Thanks, for ipilot link does the humminbird need to be G2N for it to work? I have just the Helix 7 G2 Di GPS.

Thanks, for ipilot link does the humminbird need to be G2N for it to work? I have just the Helix 7 G2 Di GPS.

No, you just need an ethernet cable. I am thinking of upgrading the one of got to this years models as the Ultra i have would then link via bluetooth, one less wire in my little boat.