Hi all,

Learning to fly my new Mavic Pro drone, steep learning curve but I am so thrilled with the initial results. Finally I feel like I can capture on film what I can only describe as my passion, and hopefully share what makes me feel ALIVE!

Awesome!

As if your vids aren't enjoyable enough as it is, now it's about to get EPIC!

im sure it's bound to happen, but I hope you get some really good wildlife shots to include

That is going to be a challenge with the drone given the new regulations. There were loons, swans, beaver and deer all out there yesterday but 75 meters away from animals, people, vehicles, boats, buildings etc.... (yes, the actual rules state "etc" as something you have to avoid) is going make it difficult, there is no zoom on the drone lens and 75 meters away is pretty far away.

Edited by limeyangler

I have only ever seen a moose from the boat once....but yeah, that would be super cool!

Bummer! I've seen it quit Abit on Mainville and surrounding lakes. Always cool to see

Saw a bear once too

But mainly we see them drinking at waters edge super early on the lake, so cool to watch

Fantastic. Gets my blood pumping to get on the water!

You have a lot of guts to do your learning over water with $1,500 worth of equipment!

There is a fine line between guts and stupidity....lol. I have some pontoons installed so at least I can retrieve it and I am insured for 2 crashes, water damage etc....with $100 dollar deductible.

MY MAVIC.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-14%20at%201.45.0

love it, spectacular. G is in awe too ("You're kidding me, that's where he lives? and he has a drone. He's the only guy on the lake!-") he has the $100 version of the drone and drools every time we go into Best buy.

That is going to be a challenge with the drone given the new regulations. There were loons, swans, beaver and deer all out there yesterday but 75 meters away from animals, people, vehicles, boats, buildings etc.... (yes, the actual rules state "etc" as something you have to avoid) is going make it difficult, there is no zoom on the drone lens and 75 meters away is pretty far away.

I'm bad for following the rules but, up there who is going to call it in or enforce it? I want some close ups lol

Nice video! I bought a mavic pro for Xmas and I am still learning how to fly it. I bought it to do the same thing you are doing. Where did you get the floats for the legs and the insurance?

I saw some cool vids where the drone is hovering to where the fisherman was casting topwater baits and it captured some cool strikes.

Have pred birds attacked it yet?

Shots anyone can get now that would cost thousands to rent a chopper to get just a few years back. My brother got one for XMAS and after reading the new guidelines I forward to him from here he says there isn't anywhere he can legally and safely fly it. There is an airfield behind his place up north and 2 neighbours have float planes. He was so looking forward to try it out besides in the house chasing his dogs around this weekend at the cottage. What's a hobbyist with too much $$ to do?

More please Simon.

edit: have you figured out how to harness Jack to it yet?

Edited by Old Ironmaker