Look what the Easter Bunnie brung me !

Beans

A pick-up wud of been nice but...(sumpin' about lookin' a gift horse in the mouth)...

After years of trucks I too downsized to a Jeep Liberty same year as your new vehicle, much the same size too, with a 4' by 8', 3500 pound axle landscape trailer I can do every thing the pickup did and more . Neighbor in his early 70's just dumped his cab and a half Ram PU for a Ford Escape, Love the shorter wheelbase in parking lots, I swear they are making the spots and rows narrower in recent years.

Nice Beans, very nice, I can't imagine what Santa is going to get you, a new boat! I have been thinking of going the SUV route myself. One advantage of NOT having my pickup is doing favours that include lifting stuff in and out of the bed and my wife asking if the furniture she wants to buy will fit in the truck.

I swear they are making the spots and rows narrower in recent years.

They have been making them smaller and smaller every time they repaint Dave. My uncle picked up a mint condition 75' Lincoln Continental in Florida, it sticks out 4 feet into the roadway in the store parking space and you can just open the door to get in or out.

Nice.

I've worked on quite a lot of these and they're not a bad vehicle.

There is one thing you need to have checked with every oil change. The rear upper spindle bushings; they are famous for failing. It isn't a real safety issue (unless left way to long); but they'll chew up the rear tires, if the vehicle is driven any length of time with a worn out bushing.

Here's a couple of diagrams showing the bushings I'm talking about. There's one on each side on the rear.

Enjoy your new ride.

Dan.

GM629521_zpseaqf4pta.png?t=1492538031

GM629210_zpsbkyzjjpq.png?t=1492538026

Thanks Dan...I copied the pictures and will show them to my mechanic...I'm lucky if I put 5,000 klms on a year...mostly local runs with the odd one to Peterborough...It will be nice to get to places too far for my medical scooter...

The Buick came from London...

Edited by Beans