Thank you Sinker

Big Cliff

Got a text yesterday from Sinker, he was out fishing and wanted to know if I would like a white fish for my smoker if he managed to catch one; OMG yes, I'd love one!

Well sure enough not 5 minutes later I got a text, "got one going to try for two"; SUPER!

About 4:15 Sinker comes walking up to the door with two beautiful white fish for me, within 10 minutes they were cleaned and soaking in salt water in the fridge, I'll be prepping them for the smoker later on today. (anyone got a "to die for" recipe for smoking white fish, I'm always looking for something better)

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate you thinking of me and taking the time to drop them off to me!

Brine: Soy, water, honey, sweet chili tai, pinch of brown sugar and then diced jalapeno peppers

*edit to add* the wood used for smoking is key. I like apple & black cherry in the smoker together

Edited by GBW

Cliff, the above is how I smoked the walleye you loved at my place. I make the brine and keep some in a spray container to mist on the fish as it's being smoked to keep it moist. The fish rest's in that brine for 24hrs with the peppers resting on the flesh

Brine=1 gallon water 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup of kosher salt. That's all you need.

Hot smoke I assume, what wood have you used, how hot, how long?

This my first time doing white fish, I do lots of salmon and trout but I cold smoke them. Right now I have the fillets vac packed and in the freezer until it's warm enough to do it outside (Sue really does love me but she still won't let me smoke stuff in the house (no, not even that :whistling: )