14-day actually looks good for Minden and Huntsville

Tjames09

It's 70+ degrees here 25 miles south of Lake Erie and has been 50 - 70 degrees for around 8 days now, no ice anywhere, and the Walleye run up the rivers might be starting? They will get a shock next week?

My trees have buds on them, hope the 25 degree nights coming up doesn't mess them up!

I have Rock Swallows nesting in the bird houses this AM. The Hostas are 2" high. I can smell fresh topsoil. According to what is going on here one would think it is April not February. I would think twice about going out on any ice now. You ice guys know better than me and are further north, just be smart about it, please.I put out the patio stuff out today. Feb 24th????? C'mon man! Friends are flying out to Mexico for a month tomorrow, Louis is kicking himself. Not cheap.

Not to be insensitive to the future of the planet but "Global Warming" bring it on. That is a laugh out loud, but I like it so far.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

In the late fall, The Weather Network predicted a typical Canadian winter for southern Ontario and above average snowfall. oops.

2017 is off to a good start to beat 2016 as the warmest year on record.

Even so, on my lake in Haliburton, the most ice we had all last year was 10", this year we've hit 14".

But yeah, this cold snap coming up should make for decent conditions for ice fishers on March break like me.

Edited by chris.brock

In the late fall, The Weather Network predicted a typical Canadian winter for southern Ontario and above average snowfall. oops.

Even so, on my lake in Haliburton, the most ice we had all last year was 10", this year we've hit 14".

But yeah, this cold snap coming up should make for decent conditions for ice fishers on March break like me.

I have 5 days booked off. I just need a skiff of snow and im all over it. There will be more ice on march break than we have had all season. The ice isnt going anywhere.

S.

hoping to hit the Carnarvon area next weekend, so if anyone has updates during the week, much appreciated, especially shoreline conditions