MMJ Connoisseurs? VS Scotch Connoisseurs?

GbayGiant

With 14 million more people than in 1970, marijuana smoking teens would have dropped to nill to make that claim.

The stats are being reported as percentages so a change in the number of people wouldn't matter.

Ask your kids. Anyone in highschool has smoked, or their friends have.

Were you around in the 70s? You don't think that was true back then too?

Edited by JohnBacon

A survey of how many are "daily" pot users is kind of stupid. Ask how many are "regular" users and you get a more representative answer of pot use.

I know that in my high school years (late 1970's) my best guess would be about 50% would be "regular" users (maybe 2 to 4 times a week), and maybe 75 to 80% occasional users (some but not all weekends). I think the daily users in those days would have been a bit higher than 9 to 10%, but then again, I was one of them for at least 3 of the 4 years so my sample is probably biased.

Wait a second, that adds up to more than 100%. Maybe it did some damage after all. LOL

Edited by Canuck

OU ARE AT:Home»Health & Medicine»Canada Launches Two Pediatric Epilepsy Studies

0000014d-57e6-deb4-a3dd-f7ee560f0000-can

Canada Launches Two Pediatric Epilepsy Studies
BY JON HILTZ ON
MARCH 13TH, 2017 AT 12:27 PM | UPDATED: MARCH 13TH, 2017 AT 12:45 PMHEALTH & MEDICINE, MARIJUANA NEWS

Out of all the research that’s being done around the world into the many beneficial uses of medical marijuana, epilepsy is one of the most studied conditions.

From the use of CBD oil to treat Dravet Syndrome, to the scientific evidence that people with epilepsy may have an endocannabinoid deficiency, it is clear that epileptics around the world have something for which to be hopeful.

Now, two major studies in Canada are being executed to examine the potential benefits of medical marijuana in pediatric epilepsy patients.

The first comes from Dr. Richard Huntsman, who is a pediatric neurologist and professor at the University of Saskatchewan. Huntsman, along with Dr. Richard Tang-Wei, a pediatric epileptologist at the University of Alberta, will be examining the effects of cannabis oil in childhood epilepsy. The research will examine the effects cannabis oil has on treating the disorder, and will also investigate how cannabis can directly improve the quality of life for children with the disorder.

In an interview with CTV News, Huntsman said, “For me, I would feel as a parent, having better quality of life would be just as important as control of seizures, so that’s something we really want to look at.”

The study will examine 30 children with severe epilepsy between the ages of 1 and 10 years old. These kids have have either not responded to regular treatments, or have significant side effects from the use of traditional pharmaceuticals. Some of these children have 50 to 300 seizures a day and struggle with basic life skills as well as regressed development.

Many parents have told Huntsman that they already give their children cannabis oil to help control their epilepsy despite the fact that researchers are still not completely sure as to why cannabis works so effectively on the condition. “It seems to have an effect on certain neurotransmitter receptors in the brain,” Huntsman said.

The study is being partially funded by the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation.

Concurrently, researchers at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children are beginning a study on the use of cannabis extracts to treat children with severe epilepsy. That study will examine 20 children with Dravet Syndrome between the ages of 1 to 18 years.

Jesus Christ guys.

If it doesn't benefit you, why offer an opinion?

its people lives that I am trying to make better,

The sad jokes are not needed or appreciated.

They come from a lack of understanding and comprehension.

Which has to change!!!!

Edited by GbayGiant

Yeah ok

lmao...i guess we are bigger liars than ever too.

Good god its harder to find friends that dont do coke than do these days. I personally absolutely refuse to even be around the stuff so it makes it hard for me to even go out anymore.

If they want to group weed in with that...HA! complete joke...find me someone thats 30 or under that doesnt smoke/injest weed in some form...i can think of two people out of every single person I know and im 28 lol

Edited by AKRISONER

lmao...i guess we are bigger liars than ever too.

Good god its harder to find friends that dont do coke than do these days. I personally absolutely refuse to even be around the stuff so it makes it hard for me to even go out anymore.

If they want to group weed in with that...HA! complete joke...find me someone thats 30 or under that doesnt smoke/injest weed in some form...i can think of two people out of every single person I know and im 28 lol

Lol. That was my point, drug use IMO is dramatically higher than the 70s.

I don't see alot of coke around here, but meth sure has come in hot.

In Alberta everyone I knew did coke, fun guys to work with sarc. Opiates too, absolutely crazy.

The stigma attached will take a lot of work and time to fix. We could all start with calling what it is, cannabis when talking about it instead of the slang word marijuana it was given by US Govt of the day.

Good call. I feel like marijuana automatically refers to smoking.

Cannabis refers to the plant itself

Jesus Christ guys.

If it doesn't benefit you, why offer an opinion?

Well, alcohol doesn't benefit me at all seeing how I'm allergic, but I love talking about it. Isn't that the point of a forum? Find a talking point, get opinions, learn from the other side... hopefully without a heated discussion (lol)?

I was actually defending against the point that "weed is bad because all the potheads in school were losers". Troubled kids are more likely to partake in delinquent activities such as skipping class, drinking, smoking, etc. Weed is a symptom of a larger problem, not the cause of it.

Sorry Sterling have to disagree with your comment on the developing mind crapola. So according to you since cannabis use has gone up hugely since the 70s 80s that psycosis and other mental issues must have gone up as well. But if you do some research and check that is not the case. Mental disorders haven't kept up to cannabis smokers at all. Nice try.

This crapola is confirmed by every study ever done on weed's effect on the developing brain. Who would have thought that a psychoactive drug would alter a young brain???

Here's a gigantic list of scholarly studies confirming this: https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=cannabis+effect+on+adolescent+brain&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiahcet_ufSAhUm34MKHbrmBKkQgQMIGjAA

As a regular user myself, I wouldn't care if my kids used, so long as it's past the ~20 year mark.

Now please excuse me while i frantically light my next joint because I'm shaking and sweating from withdrawal (just kidding, that would be my caffeine withdrawal).

"The vast majority of cannabis users do not develop psychosis, however, prompting us to hypothesize that some people are genetically vulnerable to the deleterious effects of cannabis."

all have since been proven otherwise.

Very old studies. See who funded them.

This post is about helping inform people.

..not to talk about how you like or dont like to get high or what it did to you and your buddies growing up.

if you want to make another post about the bad things you feel can be done, please be my guest.

Your fun is not appreciated here.

Again.. it comes from a lack of knowing.

If you feel that everything you have been taught or have seen ...is just so.....think again.

There is tons to learn about this and its nothing like you think.

cheers

Edited by GbayGiant

I smoked lots back in high school. Hey ,guess I was a pot head then. LOL

All it did for me in the end was allow a good long sleep. That was after laughing my ass off for a couple of hours.

It was the thing to do back then. Quit cold turkey when I turned 18. Did not see the need for it anymore. Started a family at a young age.

Im sure though, if I was required to take part for medical reasons, I would do so. Does it come in different flavors and scents these days? :lol:

All these guys turned out ok ...just an example.

12 Successful CEOs Who Have Admitted to Using MarijuanaGettyImages-148148858.jpg?x97981

Traditionally, marijuana use has come with an associated level of stigma attached to it, especially in the professional world. While taking constant cigarette breaks or having a few too many drinks during happy hour has become socially acceptable in the business world over the past several decades (just watch an episode of Mad Men), admitting to marijuana use has remained off-limits — even as we enter a post-legalization era.

That doesn’t mean, however, that some of the most successful business leaders in the world have completely abstained. In fact, some of the world’s most celebrated visionaries have not only admitted to using cannabis in the past, but they continue to use it. Now that the social stigma is starting to fade, it’s only a matter of time before even more people become open about their cannabis use.

Although we’re headed in what many people would consider the right direction in terms of our attitudes toward marijuana, that doesn’t give the average American worker a free pass to smoke, vape, or otherwise ingest. You can still be fired for marijuana use, after all, even if it’s within the confines of state law. Some are also worried the Trump administration could crack down on marijuana, a big shift from the hands-off approach of the past president.

But to illustrate the point, we’ve compiled a short list of successful CEOs who have, at one time or another, provided a bit of insight into their own marijuana use. For some of these people, their relationship with cannabis ended decades ago. For others, it’s become a daily ritual. Either way, they go to show using marijuana doesn’t need to be a career-ending decision.

Here are some of the business world’s most successful marijuana users. No. 6 is a co-founder of one of the most valuable companies in the world, while No. 10 is more likely to pass you a handmade cookie than a joint.

ou might remember George Zimmer as the former CEO of Men’s Wearhouse. He’s the guy who would famously say, “You’re going to like the way you look. I guarantee it.”

Well, Zimmer was fired a few years ago. And that’s a bummer. But Zimmer is still one of the more famously successful marijuana users in the business world. He has admitted to being a user for half a century, in fact. He now acts as an advocate for legalization and even told CNBC that marijuana prohibition was “the biggest con that has been perpetrated on this country in the last century.”

Ted Turner is a media mogul, as the man behind many television stations, including CNN, TNT, TBS, and more. He’s also a long-time marijuana user. It only makes sense that the man who pretty much invented the 24-hour news cycle would be under the influence. Rumor is he was even caught growing pot in his dorm room while attending college.

Billionaires don’t often admit to using cannabis, but Richard Branson is an exception. He even sat down for an interview with High Times to dig into the subject a little bit. He’s also gone head to head with politicians regarding marijuana use, comparing it to alcohol and saying the vast majority of people who use cannabis in moderation end up being perfectly fine.

ary Johnson is more famous for being a politician than a CEO. He served as the governor of New Mexico for eight years from the mid-1990s until the early 2000s and ran for president as a Libertarian in 2012 and 2016. A regular marijuana user, he said in an interview with USA Today that he abstained during his presidential run because he wanted to be “completely on top of my game.” Previously, he was CEO of Cannabis Sativa, Inc., which focuses on development

and sales of cannabis-derived oils and concentrates
RIP Jobes KNowing about oil may have helped)
CEOs don’t come with much bigger names than Steve Jobs, and Jobs was well known for his rather unorthodox approaches to health and wellness. Prior to his death in 2011, Jobs talked a bit about his drug use, which included LSD habits in addition to marijuana use. He even called his LSD use one of the most important things he ever did. As far as marijuana, Jobs used to smoke with friends or bake up some brownies — though he said he hadn’t gotten high since the late ’70s
t’s hard to look at the photo above and think that Google co-founder Sergey Brin hasn’t ever dabbled in marijuana use. Although there’s not much out there regarding Brin’s experimentation, he shows up prominently on many lists showcasing “successful marijuana users.” Word is that Brin, like other business leaders, would toke up in order to ease his mind and solve complex problems.
In some quarters, using marijuana is still fairly controversial, which can lead some people to downplay their experience with the drug. (See Bill Clinton, who famously claimed he “didn’t inhale.”) That’s not so with Bloomberg CEO and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. “You bet I did. And I enjoyed it,” he told New York magazine when he was running for mayor in 2001. But he isn’t a fan of decriminalization. Bloomberg called Colorado’s legalization of weed “stupid” in 2015.
Edited by GbayGiant

More people are coming forward every day!!!

:)

Teenager dying of cancer 'recovers after mother gives him marijuana'

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/teenager-deryn-boy-dying-cancer-mother-callie-blackwell-recover-medical-marijuana-cannabis-weed-a7652106.html

Edited by GbayGiant

i think booze can be addictive but mostly to people with a predisposition to addiction

HABITUAL, yup they like it, they want it, it makes them feel good, you cut them off and they mind wanders thinking about getting more ..HABITUAL...the mind wants it

ADDICTED ,they like it, they want it, it makes them feel good, you cut them off and and they get ill they get the DTs, they end up in the hospital......ADDICTED....the body must have it

most drunks are habitual

same for drugs

Edited by Terry

Spend a day in rehab and see which addictions are the worst.

It becomes very clear that the easiest one of them all, is the worst one to come off of.

Its strange that MJ is not on that list!! But you'd have to be at those meetings and rehabs to know this.

most drunks are habitual

same for drugs

you ever seen a drunk going through physical withdrawal? Its not pretty.

Theres a big difference between jonesing and being physically ill, breaking out in a sweat and shaking uncontrollably. Thats not habitual.

see a person going through opiate withdrawal...you can literally die. Your statement is kind of messed up.

Edited by AKRISONER

Theres a big difference between jonesing and being physically ill, breaking out in a sweat and shaking uncontrollably. Thats not habitual.

see a person going through opiate withdrawal...you can literally die. Your statement is kind of messed up.

I worked at the local Suboxone clinic for a year in my spare time.

Part of my job was to watch the opiate withdrawal patient for the first 48 hours before they could take Suboxone.

People will literally try to kill themselves if given the chance

You feel like your in a war zone

a drunk no, someone who is an alcoholic, addicted yes I have seen it

a drunk can just be a drunk with no physical addiction if they have a physical addiction they are a alcoholic ....IMO