MMJ Connoisseurs? VS Scotch Connoisseurs?

GbayGiant

Its already out of the bag, as I mentioned previously.

People will no longer hesitate to grow their own legal or not.

The courts want nothing to do with it because they keep losing in court. It's simply not worth it. No lawyer wants to touch it either as they know they will not win.

Its a breaking point showing the government has no right legally in interfering in your medication.

This is going to change alot of aspects of the medical community on a grande scale

look what they are doing to CC

as much as mark grandstands..his point is the same as our government.

They both want to make from it but one wants it all to themselves.

Trudy said..." lets see what our Canadian people can do with this"

and he sets up his close friends into the game...

trudy wont know what hit him come election time..

Kathy is gone already

my understanding is that the proposed legalization study recommended allowing people to grow their own.

I just see this thread turning into a debate about corruption in capitalism. I cant say i agree...and this forum doesnt allow for political threads so it has no place in this thread.

Keep the discussion to the product's benefits. Valuable information for those that could actually benefit from the stuff and aren't out just to abuse it and hide behind the old "medicinal benefits" excuse...dont Bull a BSer

Go ahead grow a plant, use it for yourself, dont sell it illegally and everyone lives happily ever after. What exactly is the concern here?

Edited by AKRISONER

Here is a case study lol. My friend, broke his foot leg and hip very badly in a car accident 18 years ago. Great guy, does alot for kids, anyhow. He's been maxed out on fentanyl and hydromorphone for about 18 years. Now he's still in alot of pain. Can't give him more opiates because it will cause respiratory failure

Amputation of the foot is now being proposed.

He brings up marijuana as a last resort. Gets the go ahead.

Its been 3 months, he's almost pain free. Kicker? 18 years on hardcore opiates and he's off now, no withdrawal.

I haven't seen him look this healthy for along time. Opiates really inhibit your ability to eat(so malnourishment) and it's hard as heck to sleep on opiates. Now he can sleep.

His leg is still trigger, marijuana isn't gonna heal that.

But boy has he improved leaps and bounds. And I'm very happy to see that!

Also, this isn't just smoking. It's using high potency extracts like rso oil.

It was interesting to read Manitou's results of the topical usage. I might have to look into that for all my arthritic joints (no pun intended). Would you get this through the route you took? How long did the relief actually last? I have no luck with anything that is out on the market for topical application.

Sorry jimmer, I quoted you but didn't answer.

Yes I use topical as well, so does my mom (rheumatoid arthritis).

It takes about 25 mins to work, you won't get high. It reduces inflammation and pain quickly. For us it last 6-8 hours. I'm not 100% sure why it varies?

My mom no longer takes her meds, doesn't need it. The marijuana completely eliminated the need for hardcore anti inflammatories.celebrex to be exact.

Sorry jimmer, I quoted you but didn't answer.

Yes I use topical as well, so does my mom (rheumatoid arthritis).

It takes about 25 mins to work, you won't get high. It reduces inflammation and pain quickly. For us it last 6-8 hours. I'm not 100% sure why it varies?

My mom no longer takes her meds, doesn't need it. The marijuana completely eliminated the need for hardcore anti inflammatories.celebrex to be exact.

im gonna talk to my mom about this...as she gets older she is suffering more and more with arthritis in her feet which makes it difficult for her to walk.

im gonna talk to my mom about this...as she gets older she is suffering more and more with arthritis in her feet which makes it difficult for her to walk.

The science is all there! So are the reports!

I wish your mom the best. This avenue is seriously life changing. (Not just my reports but also if you knew what GB had been through, you'll understand the passion behind it)

its not legal yet?? wow :clapping:

Not for recreational purposes it isn't. I believe that Trudeau plans to introduce legislation sometime this year to legalize it for recreational use.

I don't expect that we are going to see a free for all where anyone can grow and sell marijuana. Even once it becomes legal, suppliers will need to be licensed. A lack of enforcement now will make it more difficult to enforce license and distribution laws that are passed in the future.

Liberal CFO a pot multimillionaire

MONTREAL — Liberal Party of Canada CFO Chuck Rifici has become a multimillionaire in just a few months thanks to his stock-traded medical marijuana company, QMI Agency has learned.

Documents show Rifici's initial investment in Tweed Marijuana Inc. has so far sprouted into an $18-million bumper crop.

Rifici co-founded Tweed and served as its CEO until he resigned on Aug. 27. He remains on the company's board.

According to financial statements, Rifici's fortune exploded after Tweed's initial public offering in April 2014, when it became one of the first to sell legal marijuana under a new Health Canada licensing system.

Rifici obtained some of his shares directly and other shares were purchased at 89 cents each. Tweed shares are now worth $2.36 and the company's value is $ 95 million, according to Bloomberg. This sets the value of Rifici's shares at $ 21 million.

Tweed's net worth has fluctuated between $20 million and $100 million since the IPO. With Rifici owning a 22.1% stake in the company, his shares were worth between $4.4 million and $22.1 million, according to financial documents.

Rifici, a Franco-Ontarian, is a staunch supporter of Justin Trudeau, who has advocated that marijuana be legalized.

"I like his ideas, I'm not hiding that," Rifici told QMI earlier this summer at Tweed's factory in Smiths Falls, Ont.

Health Canada says the number of Canadians using medicinal marijuana is expected to rise tenfold over the next decade, to 450,000 people. The market could be worth $1.3 billion by 2024, the department says.

"We'll have to meet this demand," said Rifici.

His is one of just 13 companies with licences to legally sell pot.

Tweed grows its pot in the town's old Hershey chocolate factory. A police station is right across the street.

Although the marijuana is officially used for therapeutic purposes, marketing is very prominent in Tweed's sales pitch.

The Tweed logo is front and centre on the company's website, which also features branded pot products with names such as Weaver, Bogart and High Lands.

In an Aug. 27 news release announcing his resignation as Tweed's CEO, Rifici said he was stepping down "to help the company recruit a CEO with the skills and experience to take Tweed to the next level of expected high-volume and rapid growth in this aggressive market segment."

Rifici and the Liberal Party were not available for comment as of press time.

Medical pot smoke and mirrors, say doctors

Despite a very lucrative business and a very aggressive marketing, the Canadian Medical Association said in a 2011 position paper that it has "concerns about the lack of evidence on the risks and benefits associated with the use of marijuana."

Quebec's College of Physicians went even further in a directive to its members in April, saying "the use of dried cannabis for medical purposes is not a recognized treatment."

The Quebec professional order recommends its members exercise extreme caution before prescribing the drug.

Health Canada says it allowed companies to legally produce marijuana because the old system, where patients grew their own pot, had spiralled out of control. There were reports of infiltration by organized crime as well as sick people selling pot to healthy buyers.(proven wrong in court)

In 2013, the last full year under the old system, licensed patients were consuming 17.7 grams of pot per day even though it's believed they only needed between one and three grams daily.

"The courts forced us to accept the use of medical marijuana," said Health Canada spokesman Sean Upton.

He points out that according to current research, marijuana is "bad for health" and that its use should not be encouraged.

Watchdogs' joint warning about 'green gold' rush

In June, Canada's securities regulators urged investors to be careful about pouring their money into medical marijuana stocks.

"Just the announcement of intent to develop a medical marijuana business has resulted in an immediate rise in a company's stock price," said the statement by the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA). "The CSA is concerned investors may face financial harm by purchasing such shares at an inflated price before there is a viable business."

History of medical marijuana in Canada:

1999: Health Canada allows individuals to possess marijuana or grow it in limited quantities for medical purposes.

2001: An Ontario judge rules the ban on marijuana possession is unconstitutional unless it includes an exemption for medical marijuana. Health Canada introduces a regulatory framework.

2002-2013: The number of licensed medical marijuana smokers rises from 477 to 29,888.

2014: Health Canada introduces new system that restricts medical marijuana sales and production to commercial, licensed producers.

Edited by GbayGiant

Old article. Canopy growth corp (tweed) shares are up around $12 a copy (WEED.TO [yes you can buy weed on the TSX]). Those who got in early are out like bandits

Edited by Raf

Class-action lawsuit launched against Canopy Growth over pesticide in marijuana

amilton Spectator

HALIFAX - A Halifax-based law firm has launched a class-action lawsuit against Canopy Growth and its subsidiary Mettrum over recalls of medical marijuana that contained unauthorized pesticides.

In a statement of claim filed with Nova Scotia's Supreme Court, Wagners alleges that Mettrum breached its contract with consumers and that its development, distribution and sale of medical marijuana was negligent.

Canopy Growth, Canada's largest publicly traded medical marijuana producer, purchased Mettrum earlier this year.

A spokesman for Canopy Growth said Tuesday he couldn't comment immediately on the lawsuit because he hadn't seen it.

Lawyer Ray Wagner says representative plaintiff Neal Partington, a house painter from Nova Scotia, says he suffered severe nausea and vomiting over the six months that he was taking Mettrum products to deal with symptoms of an injury.

Wagner says it could take six to eight months before the court decides whether to certify the class-action lawsuit.

The allegations in the statement of claim have not been proven in court.

Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton has said that the use of unregistered pest control products was "inexcusable" but that Health Canada had determined the pesticide wasn't likely to cause any adverse health consequences.

The Canadian Press

I wouldn't believe anything Health Canada says about cannabis because they don't know anything. lol They are so corrupt its sick. Big Pharma is their #1 client. Lets just let the LP's regulate themselves everything will be fine. I am sure they use the same train of thought when dealing with Big Pharma . I hope the LP's loose their shirts in the end. When cannabis finally becomes legal I hope everyone boycotts them, teach them a lesson on who is the boss. By the way you would think there would be some big fines at least ,for poisoning your clients.

Honestly, we just need people growing their own.

Once your in cannabis culture, so to speak, people take incredible care of their plants.

It's insanely frowned upon to use chemical additives to increase harvest size or resist disease

That's why land strain seeds have such a high demand, just like an heirloom tomatoe

A kid got shot to death in Hamilton years back for stealing a lunatics tomatoes from his yard. What will it cost to guard your MJ that is home grown. Every year out here crops get stolen in the dead of night in the fall. The problem for the grower is he isn't going to call 911 to report it. If it is actually legal to grow your own at home there will always be someone that is too lazy to grow their own so they will just take yours.

I have been told that legally bought medical MJ is much more than what you can get it for on the street. True or false? Regardless there will always be a black market for weed, legalized or not. Just as is Res smokes and that gut rot booze sold by the gallon. Both tobacco and alcohol can be bought legally as well as Opiates but if there is something out there cheaper or easier to get without a script regardless of quality it will have a market.

Giant, you want it legal but don't want politicians and corporations involved. I read what you write and the statements you quote. What is it exactly that you do want?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I wanna bite....

Medical marijuana sucks compared to growers. Legit

They grow organically and have extensive knowledge on growing, strains, crossbreeds, THC and cbd content etc.

The medical end don't give two craps, they just want yield.

Compare it to Homebrew alcohol. You want the absolutely best product. You take pride in that and reap the rewards.

I wanna bite....

Medical marijuana sucks compared to growers. Legit

They grow organically and have extensive knowledge on growing, strains, crossbreeds, THC and cbd content etc.

The medical end don't give two craps, they just want yield.

Compare it to Homebrew alcohol. You want the absolutely best product. You take pride in that and reap the rewards.

cant say i agree here...i have no idea where you are buying your stuff from, but my experience with legal dope is that it is by far the best product.

cant say i agree here...i have no idea where you are buying your stuff from, but my experience with legal dope is that it is by far the best product.

Right now, from a grower

And by medical Al, I'm talking about big pharma, growers I'm referring to licensed growers and then homegrowers

Pretty cool having access to the equipment to test the content

Send me a small sample and I'll tell you exactly how good your weed is

most will not understand what I mean by this but

as long as the market goes by dollars/gram rather than pennies/ton and there is so much of this around that no one will care. It will only get worse.

Its not addictive like we all have been lead to believe and it can actually help more in some cases than anything else. Makes sense why Pharma and big business wants this to themselves.

The courts in canada have said otherwise and that control aspect flew out the window.

It will be some time before it all gets worked out. Sadly the bottom line is what is thought of as the most important part of it all.

The great part is..Anyone can help themselves. Most would like you to think otherwise.

ps

kids dont care about drugs as much as they once did. They are into gaming and online and have other things to preoccupy them .

sadly that is not the case

legal dope as you put it..medication for cancer and epileptic children

by legal form is and has been proven to be poison!!.Hence the class action ,,,

as sad as that is. It will not change either but again there is more that I will not get into.

people need to read and get informed.