MNR seize huts on Nipissing

Dutch01

The North Bay Nugget had a few stories on him.. He had a license to operate on Nosbonsing but the ice was too thin. He defied the MNRF and moved his huts to Nip anyways due to what he calls safety reasons. He also accuses license holders of extortion because they won't sell him theirs.. He's a piece of work..

A little over a year ago I posted an open letter to our new Prime Minister on here, didn't include my email address or anything. Couple of weeks later I got an email from his office thanking me for my kind words. Big Brother is watching :ninja:

I recall that...

Call me a racist, but if I was in the business of renting huts, guiding, charter boat, lodge or something of that nature I would demand my clientele abide by the Fish and Game regulations. If I found them to be in contravention of the regulations I would see that they are charged but if pulling a status card allows them to betray my trust and thumb their noses at me and the law, they are not welcome at my business. That being said, this guy is obviously a train off the rails with some of the stuff but I do see his point on the status thing.

Call me a racist, but if I was in the business of renting huts, guiding, charter boat, lodge or something of that nature I would demand my clientele abide by the Fish and Game regulations. If I found them to be in contravention of the regulations I would see that they are charged but if pulling a status card allows them to betray my trust and thumb their noses at me and the law, they are not welcome at my business. That being said, this guy is obviously a train off the rails with some of the stuff but I do see his point on the status thing.

I actually don't have a problem with that. When you are under someones roof you abide by their rules. Hut opporators have to make a living too. They put their huts on good holes to drum up business. If someone cleans the hole out, its going to make it tough on repeat business.

When I was working in Ear Falls (there is a name drop) I stayed on a lodge at Bluffy lake. One of the best guys I have ever met in my life, Keith ran the lodge and had 3 simple rules. 1) What happens at Bluffy Lake stays at Bluffy Lake. 2) Don't keep any walleye between 19-26 inches. 3) Don't fish off the dock. (they had a pet pike).

The last two rules had nothing to do with legislation and law. It was a respect thing. And don't ask about Rule 1. I'll never tell. :tease:

Thats not racist at all. Id say that would be very responsible business actions and very good for conservation

You might not have seen the other comments he made. So it indeed went waaaay further than just the kijijji add. And it wasnt just towards indiginous or "card holders"

Edited by manitoubass2

A little over a year ago I posted an open letter to our new Prime Minister on here, didn't include my email address or anything. Couple of weeks later I got an email from his office thanking me for my kind words. Big Brother is watching :ninja:

I wrote a letter to the Ontario Premier and the Minister of Energy last week and gave them all my information and they have said nothing! I guess they don't read this forum :(

I wrote to the OEB and minister of commercial affairs when the gas company was over billing us and they told me...well, I won't say it here but I got told...they back the gas company no doubt about it.

Likely has a lot to do with why they won't show the actual carbon tax on our bills

Is racism isn't against the law in Canada? It's not in the USA. From Nazi's to White Supremists they are all allowed to express their their opinion. They can't infringe on someone's rights. I recall years ago the teacher out west preaching racism in his class. There was a court case. I know he got fired but can't remember much after that. I don't know about this Human Rights Tribunal thing. He didn't deny anyone's rights he said he would. I don't think there is such a thing as conspiracy to commit racism. He is an idiot though, not against the law either.

I remember now, the teacher was saying the Holocaust was a hoax.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I think the concensus is that it is not illegal to just say racist remarks.

But a person subject to racism can get in touch with human rights tribunal and give the offending party quite the issues.

Its a weird subject. Ever watch "Family Guy"?

The show says some pretty outlandish stuff but I guess its okay under the pretext of satire???

I really dont know?

Its just not a good idea to say such things. Nothing good can come of it thats for sure.

Edited by manitoubass2