Im sure he was smiling down on me

misfish

Long read for a single fish, but I feel the need to share,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In 2011, I bought a rod from a member. It was to my surprise once I recieved it, it turned out to be a float rod. He said it was a river rod ( noodle rod) when I had agreed to buy it. A few weeks later, it was told he had passed. This was a sad day for many here that knew him through the board. We never met,but felt like we have been friends forever. I remember him saying, you will enjoy this rod more then I would.

Everytime I use this combo, I NEVER, forget whom I bought the rod from. I always look up and say, I know your up there looking down today. I have had many great days using this rod.( it,s got major mojo ) As I have done each time after each fish landed, I look up and say, Thank you. I,ll bet you enjoyed that eh.

Respooled the pin last night and set it up with, 8 main and 4 lead. Woke up this morning and hm,ed and hawed on where to go, as my latest spots have not been producing. Once I had my coffee this morning, I made my decision. When your up at 4 am and theres no daylight til 7ish, I got time.LOL I arrive still with an hour til daylight.

Drift after drift, Im thinking maybe my decision was not the best. As I start to see the water clarity, I realized I was using too big a bag. Switch up to a dime size white roe bag. Throw it into the pool and dip ,dip, goes the float. Almost like a goby was hitting. ( Cant believe how the rivers are full of these things ) Set the hook, as hook sets are free, It turned out to be a solid fish on. Steelhead? Just as it came up head shaking, I was seeing a fish that was not matched for this set up. It was a salmon. I knew I would have to play this fish . No putting the boots to it, or it would be gone. I remember very clear saying, your testing me aint ya bud? A slight chuckle.

After about 15 minutes of close to the net,then run back out deep into the pool several times, it finaly came to it,s sences and allowed it to be netted. A late hen chinny.

As I rince off my hands in the cold water, I just look up and say, that was fun eh.

I talk about John Francis. John F.

Cant wait til we hook up again .

DSCF3455ss.JPG

RESPECT