Open seats lake O salmon

Freshtrax

Just 8 Freshtrax? What about the new riggers, gunnel system, balls, Scottie holders, Leadcore line, a dozen Dipsy's at 15 bucks a piece, $1000.00 of new Salmon specific plugs and spoons, a 100 bucks for the Tackle Mate box to keep them from welding themselves together, bigger screen GPS combo so you don't have to squint to see where you are going, VHF for big water. All that plus many $$'s of little things like rigger clips, teasers, real swivels not CTC Chinese specials that will straighten out like a Bobbie pin with a King on. Forgot the new 36" net, or bigger for over a 100 Samolians. Ooops forgot the trolling kicker for a few grand.

And I almost forgot, what was I thinking? Once all that is bought and rigged you realize your 19 foot deep V and 115HP is just not big enough. Time to go shopping for a bigger glass boat of 23' minimum.

Now you are all set for longlining on Ontario for big giant Salmies and might as well head to Erie for big giant Walleye. Now we will have to talk about what you will need to spend on Walleye tackle. A few hundred will get you started.

Great on you Freshtrax for the wonderful offer to share your stuff and knowledge. The tall Polish gentlemen better watch what he wishes for.

Welcome to OFC by the way my tall Pole friend. Start a new thread here and introduce yourself to all the folks here. Just a bit about yourself and what you fish for, stuff like that.

Just 8 Freshtrax? What about the new riggers, gunnel system, balls, Scottie holders, Leadcore line, a dozen Dipsy's at 15 bucks a piece, $1000.00 of new Salmon specific plugs and spoons, a 100 bucks for the Tackle Mate box to keep them from welding themselves together, bigger screen GPS combo so you don't have to squint to see where you are going, VHF for big water. All that plus many $$'s of little things like rigger clips, teasers, real swivels not CTC Chinese specials that will straighten out like a Bobbie pin with a King on. Forgot the new 36" net, or bigger for over a 100 Samolians. Ooops forgot the trolling kicker for a few grand.

And I almost forgot, what was I thinking? Once all that is bought and rigged you realize your 19 foot deep V and 115HP is just not big enough. Time to go shopping for a bigger glass boat of 23' minimum.

Now you are all set for longlining on Ontario for big giant Salmies and might as well head to Erie for big giant Walleye. Now we will have to talk about what you will need to spend on Walleye tackle. A few hundred will get you started.

Great on you Freshtrax for the wonderful offer to share your stuff and knowledge. The tall Polish gentlemen better watch what he wishes for.

Welcome to OFC by the way my tall Pole friend. Start a new thread here and introduce yourself to all the folks here. Just a bit about yourself and what you fish for, stuff like that.

Some great memories with my grandfather out on Lake Huron/Georgian Bay back in the day. He shared his boat with another guy but they eventually had to give it up because maintenance alone became way too expensive.

I have a small fishing boat and some toys (kayaks, canoes, etc) at my cottage so I am quite familiar with most of the stuff required for general trolling (dipseys, planer boards, rods, reels, nets) in terms of Lake Ontario, I know my boat is not big enough to be "safe". I have been fishing all my life but only got into Salmon last year, when I purchased my first center pin.

I do my fair share of Pier fishing and River fishing for Salmon, I haven't caught one from a Pier just yet but I'm working on it and help other people who do end up catching!

I've been on this forum for quite some time, and offered my 2 cents where-ever I have knowledge/experience! That being said I am always learning so anything I say is solely my opinion!

As the expression goes, nothing good is cheap and cheap is never good!

I have a small fishing boat and some toys (kayaks, canoes, etc) at my cottage so I am quite familiar with most of the stuff required for general trolling (dipseys, planer boards, rods, reels, nets) in terms of Lake Ontario, I know my boat is not big enough to be "safe". I have been fishing all my life but only got into Salmon last year, when I purchased my first center pin.

I do my fair share of Pier fishing and River fishing for Salmon, I haven't caught one from a Pier just yet but I'm working on it and help other people who do end up catching!

I've been on this forum for quite some time, and offered my 2 cents where-ever I have knowledge/experience! That being said I am always learning so anything I say is solely my opinion!

As the expression goes, nothing good is cheap and cheap is never good!

not sure of your age, but is it possible that i ran into you in st catherines last year right around christmas?

Chris Brock and Ckewely met me down in the hammer around 4 but it Was nasty out on the big lake, So we fished the Hamilton harbour . None of us had done this before and we had low expectations. The graph was nuts I wish we had a picture, but we couldn't get a bite for the first 40 min. We switched some baits up end ended the day 1/3. Not bad for 2 hours fishing

Nice evening to be out on the water and a tank 28 lb salmon . This fish had all sorts of tricks up its gills , swam past the boat, played dead, wrapped the rigger cable. A quick pic and she swam off to do her business.....on that note what business is she doing in Hamilton harbour anyways...dumb salmon.

20160915_172232_zps2zysrzrd.jpg

Pleasure getting out with you guys, next time hopefully the weatherman cooperates

Edited by Freshtrax

That nice fish was worth the work I bet.

Happy birthday Tall Polock. I have problems typing that word. I was taught it was not a nice thing to call a Polish person. I'll call you tall Pole.

Thank you aha! Tall Pole works. I don't get offended easily!

Pet peeves include:

- Going to my fishing spot without inviting me,

- Catching more fish then me

- Catching (a) bigger fish than me

All kidding aside, A nice, well deserved fish! I hear under the lift bridge is a good spot to target Salmon but I have never caught or targeted Salmon from there!

was it just too wavy on main lake? How deep is the harbour....are you just flatlining or is it deep enough for dipsey's etc? You r report was just enough to keep me on the fence between St Clair and Lake O!

The last 2 weeks was the time to be on the lake for stagers. Fishing was great. I spent 4 hours bouncing up and down in big rollers this morning for only one rip. Go to st Clair

Edited by porkpie