Awesome sunrise and a bonus whitefish for a snack

misfish

At the becking of the wind direction, the north shores of the bay was the spot to launch the toons.

Out before the sun was to awake I was. It was a sight to see. One of the best I have seen while out on the toon.

DSCF3187_zpsy8yqgsey.jpg

DSCF3188_zpsijdcyq01.jpg

DSCF3189_zpscrs6lemw.jpg

DSCF3191_zpsnkdsc6wd.jpg

Marked lots of fish in the 80 fow range. Many chasers. I think all of them were whitefish. Managed to get one to the surface. Lost one right after putting back down. The meegs hit 55 fow and this fish came charging up and smacked it. Meegs did it,s job again.

The dog days of summer coughed up one for a snack.

DSCF3192_zpsqf2ifzxm.jpg

It didnt take long for the heat to rise, so off by 10:30 so not to spoil me feed. Going to boil it and try that , taste like lobster thing.LOL

Well lobster it aint, but it was very nice. I had two pieces. Once the mrs,s had a try, It was all hers. LOL No worries though. This will be one of my, to do,s again.

DSCF3193_zpsumsvmm3r.jpg

Much garlic in this butter.

DSCF3194_zps5cy1yigr.jpg

Dash of dill weed as garnish

DSCF3196_zps8daahheu.jpg

Time for me to get on the grill and get some monster burgers flaming. Tuna salad already done.

Edited by Brian B

Nice Bri!

Sounds like you're eating pretty good.

How do you rig your Meegs? same for hard water?

Thanks Chris

Yes the same.

I got a few colourfull ones from James to try for walleye. Waiting to try them out.

Probly september, I,ll give them a go.

Edited by Brian B

"warm"---now there's an understatement!! clothes hung outside yesterday dried in record time. No wonder---it was like the med setting on the dryer out there! :)

Out in the bay, way out in the breeze area, it was very pleasent. Cool really. Once we came in, the wind was blocked and it was DANG hot.

I'm usually going to bed at sunrise Brian. Unless fishing to beat the heat. I've been away from Blast Furnaces for 10 years now and the heat is starting to bother me this year.

As for the fish, me want 1 too. Is that the way you always do up Whitefish? I've caught a few on Nipissing 30 some odd years back in the spring and kept one and backed it in the oven slathered in butter with lemon slices on it and spices.

Great report and pictures. You were doing these great reports 15 yrs. ago. Good to see your still at it despite whatever. Catching fish is in your DNA. lol Thanks!

Thanks ehg. They may come across repetitive, but hey, it,s fishing and a report. Pretty sure thats what this site was built on at the beginning, but has revolved to much more. Im ok with that.

Very nice Brian. Only ever tried deep frying whitefish. I gotta give that recipe a try this winter.

Mike it was my first time. Yes it,s a nice way to do them. I usually do the deep fry as well. When I get two, I,ll do a fry and boil. Nice mix.