So you've had a bad day...

farsider

How long did it take this guy to return??????? You don't just drive up the highway, see a boat and motors laying on the road/side of the road and pop it on an empty trailer you just happened to be towing all within a couple of minutes. Something strange about this one!

Yeah, saw this last night as well. He thinks his strap was cut off, and the people who cut it followed until the boat came off. Pretty crazy! I don't know how he didn't notice it gone though.....small boat behind a big truck maybe? WEird for sure.

S.

Ya, if it came off the trailer while rolling, the motors probably got trashed and not really worth the effort to take it.

That's what I was thinking; it be one beat up, road-rash pile of aluminum.

Dan.

Yeah, saw this last night as well. He thinks his strap was cut off, and the people who cut it followed until the boat came off. Pretty crazy! I don't know how he didn't notice it gone though.....small boat behind a big truck maybe? WEird for sure.

S.

That doesn't make much sense. They would be counting on:

• The person not noticing that the boat had fallen off.
  • Nobody else stopping to remove the boat from the highway.
  • The boat and both motors not being damaged beyond repair.
  • Avoiding a potentially fatal accident (Even if they don't care about killing someone for a 20+ year tin boat, it is pretty hard to steel the boat with all the people stopped at an accident scene)
  • Others may be able to come up with more. Obviously not the best strategy for stealing a boat.

2 motors on a boat that size? Strange.

It's not uncommon for people add a kicker when they have a six as their main motor... more common for six cylinder motors than six horse power motors though :D