In need of help this weekend onsite from a mechanic

GBW

*Truck Update* So I get the truck (after the CRAP morning I was having-yesterday) to a local shop before I heading to work at 1PM for them to replace the front left caliper on such short notice. I asked them to do an oil change while it was in and check the other breaking systems too. Well wouldn't you know it but the truck needs three done (the front left was the least of my worries it turns out). Only 3 needed as E! did the last fouled up one so it's golden. The person I used "in a pinch" to do the pads and rotors never put the lubricant provided in the boxes on when he did the breaks so they are burning up and making a TON of noise too! So now the truck is OFF the road AGAIN till I get it fixed! This is really NOT GOOD considering I have my kids this weekend and cannot get them or take them home till the truck is safe to drive. Off Thurs and working Fri so who knows what I can do other then hope like hell the parts I just ordered online come in on Thurs for me to get the front end resolved and wait on another part for the RR. This month can please go away and end now, it's killing me in every sense of the way... Can really use a hand here to do this work folks as it's got to be done at my house on the driveway and my trusty mechanic has prior plans and cannot make it.

when you say burning up, are they heating up or just squealing? what kind of truck is it?

there is zero lube so when in motion the sounds are like a stuck pig... 2007 Ram 1500

The calipers came in for the front, waiting on the rear. Anyone able to help and as stated above when the new pads were put on they were never lubed so if you can help please bring some lubricant for them too as I cannot drive it to go get some or drive it to a shop to be fixed as they are that bad and unsafe to drive... PM ME PLEASE if you can help!

*edit to add* oh and a bit of break fluid too! I will give you cash for the items and time to help!

Edited by GBW

I can not help with the mechanical repair portion of this dilemma, but if you want to go for a ride and pick up the necessary parts (or anything else you need at the moment), I can certainly arrange that.

I am free this afternoon and just on the East side of Pigeon Lake (about 20 or 30 minutes away)

PM me.

I can not help with the mechanical repair portion of this dilemma, but if you want to go for a ride and pick up the necessary parts (or anything else you need at the moment), I can certainly arrange that.

I am free this afternoon and just on the East side of Pigeon Lake (about 20 or 30 minutes away)

PM me.

I happen to be on the local Lindsay bus route Tom and found a $2 in my spring jacket to get me to Can Tire for the lube and fluid I need. BUT, THANK YOU for the offer to help me there!!!

OK, I am working tomorow but should be home by late afternoon (4 or 5 ish). If it will help, I will take you to pick up the kids (have Nissan Rogue) so you, I and two kids or give me addresses and I will go get them and deliver them to you. I will also drive you around to pick up whatever stuff you need tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Now I can not promiss that I will be available to take the kids back home on Sunday but if you needed me to and I can, I would be happy to do it for you.

My cell is 705-928-8899 call if any of this will help.

Cliff (don't make it late, I start work at 4 am so I'll be going to bed early)

OK, I am working tomorow but should be home by late afternoon (4 or 5 ish). If it will help, I will take you to pick up the kids (have Nissan Rogue) so you, I and two kids or give me addresses and I will go get them and deliver them to you. I will also drive you around to pick up whatever stuff you need tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Now I can not promiss that I will be available to take the kids back home on Sunday but if you needed me to and I can, I would be happy to do it for you.

My cell is 705-928-8899 call if any of this will help.

Cliff (don't make it late, I start work at 4 am so I'll be going to bed early)

I got a PM today from a member from the Oakville area who's going to come help do the front's tomorrow after work. (waiting on the RR to come in still)

As for your offer, you are one great and kind person my friend! My EX finally said yes she will drop my kids off here tomorrow evening. I just need to figure out Sun. I have to have them home for 4PM Sun and my folks are now back in Canada so they I think will come by and see my kids (been 8 weeks since they seen them) and offered to help in a pinch. But Cliff I DO thank you for the offer!!!

Your a good man, Cliff!

S.

Yes he is.

So Vince came by tonight to do the work and well wouldn't you know it but the parts company sent me the wrong ones! He did his best to fix what's there... With luck I can get it all sorted out soon...

You came all the way from Hamilton to help? That is way above and beyond! Good on you!!!!!!

YES HE DID! And he did his best to make the old ones work till I get the other parts swapped for the right ones!

So Vince warned me that the one caliper was very bad and he did his best to save it. While driving my kids home (one way is 65KM) I could feel it binding from time to time. On my way home it was getting worse (to me as the driver). Message over to Ernie knowing he had a new RR caliper at home, he said "come over". Got there, presto change-o and my drive from his place home was MUCH better. It wasn't fully pooched just yet Vince as what you did gave it a bit more life but as someone who no longer likes to drive and has anxiety issues in general I needed it replaced. It wasn't seized yet as Ernie could still move it but it was getting there.

So a HUGE shout out to Ernie for changing his plans, doing the work and hooking me up with the part! Talk about GREAT PEOPLE HERE!! Now to go get his a replacement caliper and a little somethin' somethin' for that!