Moving to Buckhorn Lake - TV, Cell Phone & Internet Suggestions

fisherman7

Hi everyone, if my home inspection goes well we'll be moving to Buckhorn Lake, Emerald Isle area to be specific.

So, wondering what suggests from those that live in the area suggest for

1. TV (Bell, xplorenet, etc)

2. Cell phone provider (Rogers, Bell, Telus, ???)

3. Internet Service (Bell, xplorenet, ????)

Thanks in advance and once I'm settled in I'll be posting about fishing!

I am about 20 minutes West of where you will be located. On the East side of Pigeon Lake.

1. TV is satellite with Shaw, There is cable in the area. Eastlink, pretty basic channel selection.

2. Internet: Eastlink is my service provider via underground cable and meets my requirements. Bell is still dial up unless you go with a satellite.

3. Land line and cell phone are with Bell.

Edited by Tom McCutcheon

TV would be your choice, same for cell phone. Internet depends on your exact location. I live on Pigeon and cannot get high speed through phone lines, would have to go with Explornet and get a dish because of the low elevation where I live. Initial cost goes up with this option.

Well, first of all, welcome to god's country, you'll never want to go South of Hwy. 7 again LOL.

Check to see if Cable Cable can offer you service for your internet. We were with Xplornet and had so many problems! Switched to Cable Cable and they have been fantastic. We went Virgin Mobile for our cell phones, no complaints (they use the bell network). If there is cable available where you are then see what they have to offer, wireless can be a bit of a PITA if it is storming at all! Cable Cable now have us hard wired so our phone, TV, and internet are even better than they were originally!

Edited by Big Cliff

We cottage not far from you in north Pigeon.

We use an antenna in the attic for TV.

Used to get CBC and CTV.

As of last year no more CBC by antenna for the Peterborough area.

Very upsetting.

I thought CBC is supposed to be available everywhere!!!

What gives? Anybody know?

Like Big Cliff, I have my phone, tv, and p'uter with Cable Cable...he is on the east shore of Sturgeon Lake and I am on the north shore of Pigeon...Only problem is when the power goes down, then we ain't got nuttin'...LOL

Hey Cap'n...I think the old antenaes are out of date due to digital versus analog ???...Besides CHEX is no longer a CBC station (CTV now)

Edited by Beans

We cottage not far from you in north Pigeon.

We use an antenna in the attic for TV.

Used to get CBC and CTV.

As of last year no more CBC by antenna for the Peterborough area.

Very upsetting.

I thought CBC is supposed to be available everywhere!!!

What gives? Anybody know?

Launch this web page https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=75

Then click on Start MAPS, and enter your address or GPS coordinates. It will show you what TV stations you can expect to receive (and how well) for antennas at various heights.

Launch this web page https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=75

Then click on Start MAPS, and enter your address or GPS coordinates. It will show you what TV stations you can expect to receive (and how well) for antennas at various heights.

Mike, nice to see you posting on here again, welcome back!

Thanks Cliff. The solution to my posting problem came to me in my sleep. ;-)

Hi Mike. Nice to see you on the board. I was helping with you at Big Cliffs with the interlock.

Edited by manjo39