RANT!!!

Roe Bag

i ve never seen it work any other way with barn storage oh well be mad but be assured thats how they all work, i use a cover and several tarps and leave it on my property never have a problem getting it out, come to think of it be pulling it out tomorrow

Hyeah but dood, your trusting someone to store your boat in some uber secret location.

That would be my first sign not to deal with him.

Your boat moght be sitting out in a field for all you know!

This is no fly by night operation. Been around for many years. Bought my first outboard there in 1972.

There is a thing called "due dilligence"

On whose part? Think maybe the marina should be diligent and maintain reasonable access ​for it's customer's?

Roe Bag - Please be assured I mean nothing but respect when I say this;

From what I've seen thus far you've put a lot of effort in for a few hours now to this rant as you so correctly titled it.

Take a breath, hop in the car tomorrow and talk to the guy. That appears to be something you haven't done yet.

You've assumed the worst - which can be a good thing rather than get your hopes up and be disappointed.

Now try to make it better for yourself - nobody is going to do that for you.

Just approach him and ask if there is any way your goal can be achieved. Do calmly remind him of your first conversation and segue into how many years you've dealt with him and what you've spent with him in those years.

I've gotten all this and more out of what you've expressed - now he needs to hear it too. Maybe he hasn't told you everything, like if it is a leased barn maybe even HE hasn't got access to it at this time for some reason he hasn't told you yet.

If you don't get what you want then clam up until you get your boat hooked onto your vehicle - at that point you can express all your frustrations on him and never return if that's your choice.

But getting worked up over it right now ain't doing y'all any good at all - and getting others worked up ain't helping you either.

I really hope this works out for you but please remember - the only way it will work out is if YOU work it out, otherwise the only SURE thing you or anybody else can know right now is that it may very well be mid or even end april before you see your boat again.

Good Luck to you and I meant what I said about it working out for you.

Michael

This is no fly by night operation. Been around for many years. Bought my first outboard there in 1972.

On whose part? Think maybe the marina should be diligent and maintain reasonable access ​for it's customer's?

Im still with ya, myself, id be pissed too.

But you know its a possibility and still did it.

Thats on you and him.

It is what it is.

When i was a rookie in the oilfield i stored 100's of safety trailers atta time.

I could easily pull out a specific trailer because I thought ahead and accordingly.

Thats why I mentioned laziness and poor business practice.

If he has 50 boats in his shed I could re arrange the whole place in a few hours no problem.

Edited by manitoubass2

Im still with ya, myself, id be pissed too.

But you know its a possibility and still did it.

Thats on you and him.

It is what it is.

When i was a rookie in the oilfield i stored 100's of safety trailers atta time.

I could easily pull out a specific trailer because I thought ahead and accordingly.

Thats why I mentioned laziness and poor business practice.

If he has 50 boats in his shed I could re arrange the whole place in a few hours no problem.

Did you just volunteer to go down there with Roe Bag??? That's awfully nice of you to offer, Rick ;)

I guess u have to put it down to one of those experiences in life, I feel for u for your frustration, but the longer u dwell on something like this years down the road or months down the road u will realize how much precious time on this earth u have wasted, please put it into perspective. Everyones life on this earth is determined and it is not always 100 years, some r 20 or 30 r 50 or 70, make the most of every day, there r no guarantees about tomorrow, dont respond just think about how precious life is even if u dont have your boat for a month, seriously from one who knows, if u have a pulse bonus, if u have friends bonus if u have a girl friend or wife bonus if u have kids bonus if u are working bonus if u r not hospitalized bonus if u still have parents alive bonus, if u get that upset about your boat maybe u should go for a walk and count your blessings while u have them

Edited by mr blizzard

As a rule, I always try and live by the "don't sweat the small stuff" motto. Keeps the grey hair down I figure. Less stress is best. Specially when I'm not in control and there's nothing I can do about it for now. Mind you, what is small stuff to one person might put a real knot in someone else's face

Roe Bag I don't blame you for being ticked off, hence the rant. But you are basing all this on a single conversation last year. Anyway, for now you're SOL man. Have a beer and file it in the "next time I'll know better" folder that we all have. :)

Sometimes a squeaky wheel does get greased. Just sayin...

Cheers

Here's my few final words. To those of you who see no wrong how 'bout you give me one of your prized possessions. A fist full of cash. I'll store it in any fashion I choose. Then when it's convenient for me, I'll give it back.

To those of you who find it an acceptable business practice, you're a little short on grey matter. To those that find it ​hilarious ​I'm sure an autopsy somewhere down the road will show little or no grey matter.

​To those that can relate, I appreciate the sentiments. Know too that all that can be done (communication with the marina) has been done. As stated above, I am SOL.