So thats how you use the MEEGS, Great morning

misfish

What a way to finish a weekend and possibly the last time on simcoe this hard water season.

I have been trying to get the meegs perfected, but was getting frustrated each time. Today made up for all that frustration. B)

I got the call there were fish in real shallow. How shallow, 16 fow. Sight fishing. This I had to see. So meet up with Rob and his buddy and off we went. Walking out there were some holes with battle blood at them. I was getting excited to get fishing. Set up in 16 fow and it didnt take long to start marking. I lowered the meegs and the spoon. They were chasing the spoon but not hitting. This is were the game changed. :w00t:

I start bouncing the meegs off the bottom and raise it a few inches and slowing twitch it. WHAM, and I mean WHAM. It smashed the bait. Didnt take long to get it top side being only 16 fow. LOL Managed one more after that on the meegs and back down it went. To soon to call it quits. Then the screen went blank for an hour. :whistling:

Since it was warming up nice and there was no wind, we put the huts away and moved around abit. 43 fow. Marking right away and KABOOM, another whitie on. Get this one top side and thats my two fish limit. Figured why take the chance on a blank screen again. :lol: After about 5 minutes, Rob nails one on his meegs aswell. I had a few chasers on the swim bait, one hit and miss. Called it a day at noon.

James, I hope I made ya proud bud. I know you were just as frustrated as I ,when I told you I couldnt get them to work for me.

Thanks for the invite Rob. That makes us even on the trade up spots. :good:

Today I can say, I smashed them on the MEEGS. B)

MEEGS%20001_zpschwexfol.jpg

MEEGS%20003_zpsu8r3ku0a.jpg

MEEGS%20004_zpstxinmj4v.jpg

This pic reminds me of the movie TWINS. :rofl2:

MEEGS%20006_zpsioaayv68.jpg

TWINS!Ha love it! Had a great time to today Brian, I think James would have been impressed with your mastered technique with the Meegs! No more for us after that last move. They would come in, sniff and move on.Headed in at 1.Gonna have a fish fry tonight!

Rob

TWINS!Ha love it! Had a great time to today Brian, I think James would have been impressed with your mastered technique with the Meegs! No more for us after that last move. They would come in, sniff and move on.Headed in at 1.Gonna have a fish fry tonight!

Rob

I knew you would get a laugh out of that bud. Beauty day, caught fish and some rays. My face is burnt. Have fun out there Monday and be safe dude.

THANKS GANG

I was tempted to do a call in for today, but didnt. Getting texts and reading catching going on, I was ready to leave at noon. LOL

Way to go Brian!!! And Rob!!! If it turns out to be the last day out on the hardware then I'm glad it was a good one! My ice gears put away and boat will be in the water this week!

Im in the same boat sorta speak bud. This weekend will be clean up, and get the soft water gear ready. My truck looks like a war zone. Glad I got the single cab and short box.LOL

Im sure come May, the meegs will be ready to do battle again. :Gonefishing: