New TV Packages out - NF

jedimaster

The script blocker eliminates a lot of ads, but not all. It prevents all scripts from running until you extend permissions manually. Pain in the beginning because none of your sites work until you extend permissions, but it definitely provides an element of security to your browsing:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/

I've been using noscript for a long time but it can be a pain sometimes not knowing which scripts to allow to watch videos on some sites. Recently I've also added uBlock which is similar but even gets rid of those youtube ads. But likewise it sometimes blocks things you don't want like I found out the other day when I couldn't get the navionics web app to work. So you just disable it for those sites. https://www.ublock.org/

Cheers

Rogers and Bell will never get another dime from me those crooks can bite my... :asshat:

I recently dropped my bell phone and switched over to OOMA telo. Works pretty good for under $5 a month and saves me having to give bell close to $60 a month. free long distance in Canada too. http://ca.ooma.com/

Mind you, there was a power outage in Almonte yesterday so I had no internet for a while but we still had wifeys cell phone. I d/l many movies and tv shows so if it wasn't for sports I would drop expressvu as well. Bell has been ripping us off for too long with things like the $4 charge for touch tone service, which they recently hid into their basic charge.

Cheers

Cheers

Just wondering if the stripped down packages and select channel option will be offered to Express Vu or is it strictly for cable subscribers?

yes, as per the 1st of the month. review what you now and price point, then see what the new packages are and see if you save.

I have good connections via stream for nascar. All the movies we want to watch. I get mash 4077 everynight. Ya, get leafs, but I dont watch them much, Im good. One bill for unlimited internet. Oh and I get to read what all ya mugs post here. :clapping:

Is that in a bundle or a introductory price...

bundle, they had a promotion on last spring, internet, phone and HD VIP package cable, shomi for 6 months and NHL gamecentre for 1 year for $100 a month, plus rental/purchase of modem and hd boxes with a 2 year contract. they waived the 2 year contract for me though since i was a new customer switching from bell lol i've added a couple of channels and kept the shomi sub, so for all 3 including the box rentals im at $145 per month

when i was with bell, the fastest internet speed i could get here was 5 down 1 up. had hd sattelite tv, and home phone with them as well, and i was over $240/month

Edited by FloatnFly

see, this is where people need to review what they HAVE and PAY FOR vs what is out there even with the same company. Review all bills and stay current. at Christmas I logged into my fathers Bell profile from his laptop to see where he could save, saved him $30 a month just be reviewing his usage and long distance calling. It's that easy. Review, change, save.

also with rogers is free canada wide calling, which is great since all of my family is out of town, with bell that feature was another $15 or $25 more.....

it varies per plan with all carriers man.

Ok so for those who are cable free, are you steaming on an android box or downloading and using memory sticks etc.? Both are kinda not perfect IMO. I like to flip on the tv and there's my stuff.Not 20 min of booting up to spend another 15 min looking for my show. Also what do people do with multiple Tvs? Im the son of a TV repairman so I like my electronics and have 5 tvs in the house. A little embarrassing when there is only 4 people

satellite and cable are not perfect either...nobody is telling you to dump your service if you like your stuff then great pay the $$$.

I use a Android box and it does not take 20 minutes to boot nor does it take me 15 minutes to find a program but there is a bit of a learning curve, Live TV is sometimes hit and miss especially if you don`t know what you are doing...but I have no problem watch live events including PPV for free....Nascar...horse racing from all over the world...soccer from all over the world...virtually and station from anywhere in the world.

All kinds of hockey...NHL,AHL,ECHL,European leagues,college hockey...there is app that will give you 9 US networks and a PVR function for FREE in HD I might add...I can watch virtually any movie, documentary or TV series ever made at the push of a button commercial free.

You need a box per TV...just like cable..oh and by the way you don`t need a Android box to try the technology you have a computer or a old cell phone kicking around they will run the app...

I know who is missing out and it is not me or my fellow cable cutters!!!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Ok so for those who are cable free, are you steaming on an android box or downloading and using memory sticks etc.? Both are kinda not perfect IMO. I like to flip on the tv and there's my stuff.Not 20 min of booting up to spend another 15 min looking for my show. Also what do people do with multiple Tvs? Im the son of a TV repairman so I like my electronics and have 5 tvs in the house. A little embarrassing when there is only 4 people

I use a combination of Netflix and downloading. Once downloaded, I use TVersity to stream the video to my PS4. It's super simple.

I may look into one on those Android boxes though. Sounds convenient.

Maybe my box is just lousy, which android box do you use mine is the m box. I should read up more on them but I found it slow booting but now just read it could be because I dont watch it regularly and it updates.Also how fast is your internet because Im finding that to watch higher res stuff i get lags and Ive got it running off of an ethernet cable so no connection problems....Because Id love to chop my ridiculous rogers bill.

Edited by Shloim

i download anything that i want to watch in super high quality 5.1 surround in the home theater which is stored on a NAS. stream everything else.

we have several devices in the house hooked up to tvs that are capable of streaming netflix, nhl gamecenter, grey market streams, etc.. ie. ps3, a couple of raspberry pi and a wdtv live. that's not including the laptops/tablets/phone which can do the same. i dont like the android boxes, prefer the rpi's and linux for that purpose (kodi).

Edited by Raf

The biggest problem with the android boxes is people think it is going perform like their cable box, this a problem because the idiots who sell the boxes mislead people...there is a learning curve but once you get a handle on it it works pretty good...buffering is generally not caused by your internet connection it is generally overloaded servers that cause this problem...I use a Real Debrid account (costs a couple bucks a month)and this pretty much eliminates buffering and dead links.

You should be able to able to stream any HD content with 8-10 mbs, I stream with 20 mbs Ethernet connected and about half that connected wireless with no noticeable difference in quality.