Phone Scam (nf)

bobowski

I had a message left on my home answering machine today from a man claiming that he worked for the CRA and that i needed to call him back asap because there was a civil lawsuit filed against me. This was clearly a fake call. Just wanted to pass this info on so people can get the word out so vulnerable people will not get taken by this scam. I'm sure if i were to call him back he would be asking me for personal information. Here is the audio from the message left on my machine.

Yep, do not give them anything CRA does not phone you, email your or come to your house.

If they show up at your house posing as the police demand to see their badge and warrant card. Every cop knows that as per the Police service act we have to ID ourselves and have to have out badges available. If they come to the door call the police right away its fraud

Oh please call him back ,tell him your terrified and have the cash and wanna pay right now ,meet him somewhere ,beat him ,piss all over his face and let about 10 seniors that the piece of crap probably ripped off cane him

Edited by North East Shark

Heck they were sending the POLICE to Arrest me.. told them I was here waiting but to have the POLICE stop by the beer store because I was just about out of BEER LOL

Oh here is the # they called from 343-600-3469 out of OTTAWA

Edited by Loonietoon

This scam has been going on for a while now,

Their phone area code shows as Ottawa or Kingston Ontario but it's a fake computer generated phone number,

The call is actually made from some overseas location,

They usually want you to transfer funds via western union or similar method and will never meet you in person.

I called them back and tried to give him some choice words but he hung up before I could finish the first sentence.

RCMP has no jurisdiction over those countries and can only request an investigation from the local law enforcement, which usually is more corrupt than the scammer.

My elderly mother received that call a number of times over the past year or so and was quite upset. She tried to report it to various agencies including the OPP but nobody seemed too interested. There have been a number of reports of people actually being victims of the same scam in the local papers but there doesn't seem to be any much interest in stopping it, maybe there is simply nothing they can do.

I got an email from some scammers claiming that they were CRA and had a tax refund waiting for me.

I was to contact them for more info, yeah right, haha.

I "Googled" the return postal address that was on the letter and it showed a

Candad Revenue Agency Office Building.

What lengths these creeps will go to and try to screw people.

They should be shot and pi**ed on.

They are now sending people to your house posing as police officers. I say knock them down and sit on them until the cops show up. I'd love to get my hands on someone impersonating a police officer

Wow that's pretty nervy ?

Is that in uniform ?

No they are in plain clothes with something that says police on it.

Clearly they won't know who issues what because certain services have different old clothes identifiers so we can know the difference between the OPP, RCMP etc. but if you're in that much trouble with the CRA you already know people are coming for you. It's not something that comes out of the blue

They are now sending people to your house posing as police officers. I say knock them down and sit on them until the cops show up. I'd love to get my hands on someone impersonating a police officer

I have personally known some cops in Hamilton that actually went to Aylmer that have impersonated a Police Officer for their entire careers.

I was going to call this crew but thought better as they would have my phone number and could cause me unwarranted grief.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Listen to a radio show that busted these guys. The returned the call and asked to speak to someone in french. They said there was no one that spoke french. One thing that is a must is you must be able to speak both french and english. I am trying to find the link. It,s a halarious.

I work with some of those guys too :)

I hear you. I have to tell you FNA, I played ball with an D lineman for the Stoney Creek Patriots of the NFC that looked just like Al Bundy the shoe salesman that became a really good cop in Hamilton. I always have a smile when I see your avatar and think of Dominic the Cop. It only took him 7 times to pass his Sgts. exam. Maybe PTCD. Too many bell ringers.

Yup I received an email twice now, stating they owe me a refund. The first time I mistakenly clicked on the link to find the next page to look very similar to a page from a Service Canada site, complete with authentic looking logos. The scammers are very crafty. Beware! The statement that tipped me off was when they asked for information such as an account number & my address. CRA already has that info.