#TBT Some of my old school fishin' pics

DRIFTER_016

These were taken in the first week of August 1999 on Great Bear Lake in the NWT.

My two guests for the week were from Texas and we had a heck of a time. :)

The biggest fish I guided during my 15 years up on the bear it the big girl.

She weighed in @ 64#'s!!!! :w00t:

The other two were just babies in the mid 40's!! :whistling:

First the babies.

12508730_1327861733906829_55742548750933

12654299_1327861730573496_48955714756995

And Troutzilla!!

12647176_1327861780573491_58475093283544

1934442_1327861723906830_807979925393199

You were handsom once eh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :whistling::tease::tease::tease:

Thats a SOW

I might be mistaken, but I don't think Dave is in the pics? Dave?

How do you guide if you're not on the tiller?

Giant specimens for sure!

Edited by chris.brock

I might be mistaken, but I don't think Dave is in the pics? Dave?

How do you guide if you're not on the tiller?

Giant specimens for sure!

Yep, I'm not in those pics.

Buddy that got the 64#er is almost a foot taller than me and close to 100#'s heavier. :D

if thats a 64...what the heck does the all tackle 72 look like lol.

the belly on that fish is just stupid lol

I won't comment too much on the "world record" fish as those of us in the know don't believe it was anywhere near the weight said.

This from guides I know @ the main lodge that saw and held it.

However there are fish that size and bigger in the lake.

One of my long time guests has landed a 70# fish and there was an 83 pound fish caught in a net @ settlement of Deline on the lake.

Here's an article on the fish.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/deline-man-nets-38-kg-trout-1.784756

Deline man nets 38 kg trout

CBC News Posted: Jul 21, 2009 11:32 AM CT Last Updated: Jul 21, 2009 11:29 AM CT

north-big-fish.jpg

Deline resident George Kenny netted this huge trout on July 17. The fish weighed in at 38 kilograms. ((Bruce Kenny))

A resident from Deline, N.W.T., out fishing with his son last Friday got more than he bargained for when he netted a fish that weighed approximately 38 kilograms (83 pounds).

George Kenny and his son Jordon, 13, caught the huge trout while fishing near Broken Plate Creek along the Great Bear Lake. The lake is home to the biggest lake trout in the world.

Kenny said his son was a bit startled when he first spotted the large trout.

"He was kind of … scared of it," Kenny told CBC News on Monday. "But I told him it’s only a bit alive. It’s not going to do nothing."

Kenny said the trout was badly tangled in the net. He tried to return the fish to the water but it wouldn’t come around. So he brought it back to Deline and weighed it.

Word of the large catch quickly spread through the community. People came out to see and photograph the giant fish.

Kenny said he caught an even bigger trout last year but he returned that one to the water.

The Deline Land Corporation plans to mount the fish, Kenny said.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

While it is recognized as the WR, there are many of us up at Bear that know differently.

Lets just say the circumstances around it are very similar to the large muskies that were validated and then DQ'd much later.

While it is recognized as the WR, there are many of us up at Bear that know differently.

Lets just say the circumstances around it are very similar to the large muskies that were validated and then DQ'd much later.

Now i get it, ive never been a fan of the "world record" qualifying rules. I mean yes, be stringent and require multiple photos, witnesses and measurements, but this thought train that you basically have to drag to fish to shore freeze it and mail it somewhere is kind of dumb.

Exactly what every fisherman wants to do, take the biggest genetic power houses from the pool and execute them, its not far from the ridiculous slot limit for walleye on georgian bay...throw all the small fish back and eat all of the big ones?