GRIZZLY!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Brought my new toy home yesterday. Did not have much time to try her out, but will be putting some miles on soon enough. 2016 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS SE…..sweet ride!

Got a 60 plow with it, winch, hand and thumb warmers with 2 auxiliary for heated visor and heated seats.

Went and had it registered and insured this afternoon, tomorrow should be fun, especially with snow forecast!!

I have about 2 hours total riding experience of these machines, and ZERO plowing experience……both levels of experience about to show a steep upward curve!

Hopefully Yamaha's reputation for reliability is also part of my experience, as my technical/mechanical abilities are limited( although I'm getting a bit more knowledgable these days)

I have to also say thanks to all you guys that gave input a few months back when I posted about my impending purchase, all good info, once again OFC proves what a cool place it is. I also bumped into Ben Beattie this fall while out bird hunting/fishing….he was on a similar yamaha, sorry Ben…liked the colour….got the same :angel:.

Roloff has already given chase to it and shows no discernible preference between it and the snowmachine. My wife also realized she could take Jack for rides around our neighbourhood all year round, she is happy=I am happy :whistling::canadian:

Back lakes I have only dreamed about will be visited also, can't wait. And all those little trails off to the side of the logging roads will be visited also.

Bird hunting next year? BRING IT!

Had good service from the dealership in Winnipeg, not so great in Dryden, why I travelled, so much for shop local….but I tried…again…their loss and my loss which is a shame…but I won't be lied to blatantly and held ransom to geography….principles. (sometimes it feels like cutting off my nose to spite my face though).

But that is history…….and all that is left to do is to go out and use this machine to enhance my love of the outdoors.

Its a short life….GRAB IT BY THE HEATED GRIPS AND GO!

2016 YAMAHA GRIZZLY 700 EPS SE

GOPR2712.jpg

GOPR2714.jpg

GOPR2717.jpg

Youll have a blast!

I bet money you basically plow your whole yard today just because lol.

She coming down hard their yet? It just started here and its heavy

It is blowing a blizzard here as I type.

Gonna wait till later when it dies down to plow, will also be able to do around the ice shack for the boys who have been doing it for me for years…..will feel good to return the favour!

Sweet ride it will last you many many many years !!

vance

Thanks Vance, like I said, the reliability reputation went a long way to persuade me to go with the Grizz.

That's awesome Simon! Looks sweet! The fish are not safe any more!! I'm eyeballing a 700 Grizz. I had a new Polaris 500 in 2012, sold it after hearing of the cold starting issues while out in the middle of the lake. I hear nothing but good reports for the 700 Grizzly. Have fun!

What was the cost simon? If you dont mind me asking? And the difference between ON and MB?

I was eying this up 2 months ago but with all the trimmings shes 15,000. Not sure im ready to pull the trigger but im tempted

20151119_121635_zpsnxwr7zdo.jpg

Good idea to get one of those beauties where you are, after you buy a home.

If I lived where you are Simon I'd have more than one or a side by side. The problem around here is too many citiots from Toronto coming out here calling 5/0 complaining about the noise and the OPP comply. Those fish in the back lakes and streams are now endangered. I bet the first aftermarket add on will be a top so you can have fun plowing in a blizzard. The young fellow that plows our 1KM common laneway here has a snowblower on one machine and a plow on his second. I love helping him do the laneway on the plow but it's not fun if the wind is blowing on shore at 50KPH or more. Have fun.

Good idea to get one of those beauties where you are, after you buy a home.

If I lived where you are Simon I'd have more than one or a side by side. The problem around here is too many citiots from Toronto coming out here calling 5/0 complaining about the noise and the OPP comply. Those fish in the back lakes and streams are now endangered. I bet the first aftermarket add on will be a top so you can have fun plowing in a blizzard. The young fellow that plows our 1KM common laneway here has a snowblower on one machine and a plow on his second. I love helping him do the laneway on the plow but it's not fun if the wind is blowing on shore at 50KPH or more. Have fun.

Ive used gators for years now and for the extra 10 grand id probably go with a gator.

Ive done so much with them and they go anywhere.

But 25 grand for a side by side sounds silly lol

Althought i know it would indeed be worth it in the long haul

Well, them pictures are somewhere in space, no fret, will get a couple from the ones at work tomorrow. In essence, add a snatch block to where the winch hook normally goes on the plow. Run the cable through the snatch block and then the winch hook will be pulled up to the center bar of your front carrier. Get a 4.80 x 8 tire tube, fold it around the center front bar of the carrier, then take the winch hook and put it through both halves of the tire tube. If you have a brain fart moment and hold the "IN" button too long, the tire tube will stretch enough to prevent breaking the winch hook off the cable. At the same time, the snatch block reduces the electric power required by the winch by half.

Yes, you can mount 2 up seats, lots to choose from.

Nice new quad.

You should enjoy it.

As for those add a seats in Ontario they are quite legal off-road but not on the roadways if carrying a passenger.

Edited by Woodsman

Fisherman has the right idea. 2 part line will double the power you are able to pull on a single line. I'm a crane operator. If my crane winch has a line pull of 30,000 lbs, install a single sheave block to now make a 2 part line the rigging now has the capacity of 60,000 lbs. His idea of a huge rubber band is also good.