World Juniors - Canada's play so far

lhousesoccer

So, how is it that we had to go all the way to a shootout yesterday to beat Switzerland 3-2, while the US are beating them 10-1 right now in the 2nd period?

Is the current crop of Canadian juniors not as dominant or talented? I know the Swedes are favoured to take the gold this year, but it worries me that we had a hard to with SUI yesterday (down 2-0 at one point) while the US is running all over them.

It is foolhardy to compare just the scores of 2 teams against the same team. We see this all the time. Even the Leafs play like Stanley Cup champions once in a while. It all boils down to chemistry on this team. Some teams take a little longer to gel and produce, some just don't get there. Talent will only get you so far, the rest is chemistry. I like what I see our boys doing. Without the fluke third goal(yes, I know this happens all the time) against the USA and it would be a totally different game. It's not time to panic. All teams get UP for the Canadian teams. The oppositions usually play their best games against us.

Our boys always leave it all in the ice, a 100% effort. Regardless of the outcome they have done us proud. They WILL continue to play at their peak. Remember every team is trying to do the same. The most dangerous team in a short series is the team that's NOT supposed to win. Right now that's us.

Our boys will do us proud,

Just my 2.8 Canadian cents or 2 cents American.....muddler

It is foolhardy to compare just the scores of 2 teams against the same team. We see this all the time. Even the Leafs play like Stanley Cup champions once in a while. It all boils down to chemistry on this team. Some teams take a little longer to gel and produce, some just don't get there. Talent will only get you so far, the rest is chemistry. I like what I see our boys doing. Without the fluke third goal(yes, I know this happens all the time) against the USA and it would be a totally different game. It's not time to panic. All teams get UP for the Canadian teams. The oppositions usually play their best games against us.

Our boys always leave it all in the ice, a 100% effort. Regardless of the outcome they have done us proud. They WILL continue to play at their peak. Remember every team is trying to do the same. The most dangerous team in a short series is the team that's NOT supposed to win. Right now that's us.

Our boys will do us proud,

Just my 2.8 Canadian cents or 2 cents American.....muddler

Well said :good:

Fins and sweds look to be tops, where Canada will fall I hate to see....their passing is brutal for the most part. They definitely lack the depth they've had most previous years.

I Hope they prove me wrong but ya can't win them all

I don't see gold for our guys although I am screaming for them through every game. They are not shooting at the net! Period! What's with all this fancy stickhandling & lame passes when they should be shooting especially when there is an open lane! I've seen an open lane several times & not a shot at the net. Damit don't get me wound up!!

Muddler - I disagree. You have to come to the game to give 110% every game, not when you feel like it! - it's a very short tourney.

Garnet - yup, they're standing around waiting for a gold medal to be hung around their neck! My rant - thanx for reading. I hope I'm wrong cuz I want gold for Canada!!

I don't see gold for our guys although I am screaming for them through every game. They are not shooting at the net! Period! What's with all this fancy stickhandling & lame passes when they should be shooting especially when there is an open lane! I've seen an open lane several times & not a shot at the net. Damit don't get me wound up!!

Muddler - I disagree. You have to come to the game to give 110% every game, not when you feel like it! - it's a very short tourney.

Garnet - yup, they're standing around waiting for a gold medal to be hung around their neck! My rant - thanx for reading. I hope I'm wrong cuz I want gold for Canada!!

I believe it is still possible ?,maybe not.

I hope you are right sofabed. They need to have more shots on net. They had a 2 man advantage for 35 seconds & then 1 man advantage for 1:20 against the Swiss & couldn't score? Not good! They had the puck in the offensive zone numerous times, but didn't get a shot on the net!

To much individual play by the so called top guns. They should use the whole ice when on the attack and not just along the boards

The top guns aren't even on the team :) Something like 6 out of the top 10 juniors weren't allowed to come over by their NHL teams. I sure would have liked to see McDavid over there playing.

I'm not seeing the team gel, unfortunately. Guys are often a step behind where they should be, so there's a lot of scrambling. Passes look sloppy, very few are tape-to-tape, and whoever said they need to shoot more is bang on. Way too much fancy dipsy doodling around with the puck when they could have and should have put the puck on net.

Down 2-0 to Sweden halfway through the 1st P right now by the way. The way things are going, they might not even medal, let alone with gold this year.

Edited by vtbass

To much individual play by the so called top guns. They should use the whole ice when on the attack and not just along the boards

Well said. Not enough quality shots. Guess we're used to being one of if not the top teams. Not this year I'm afraid. Oh well, the Finns are solid so Saturday morning could get ugly!