Weekend @ Bernies

Gerritt

Our day started off with Corey and Bill picking me up at work and heading off to Bernies! Just so everyone knows Bernie is one Class act, I would be hard pressed to find a friendlier person anywhere. He was certainly a great host and I am honored to call him a friend.

You will see a couple posts with pics as I was unable to take all of them so Corey will contribute as well.

I have never fished the South Shores of Lake Nipissing before... and it is COMPLETELY different fishing compared to the methods I was used too on the West Arm.

anyways enough blabber onto the pictures!

This is what greeted us as we made our way up the 400... To my surprise the traffic was pretty good! Made for decent driving once the storm passed...but MAN was there ALOT of rain and lightening!

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01736.jpg

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01737.jpg

Bill.... going with the flow...

DSC01742.jpg

Ahhhh.... were here...

DSC01747.jpg

It did not take long to get our lines wet...

DSC01748.jpg

Ahhhhh.....

DSC01750.jpg

Cheese!

DSC01751.jpg

Our first catch

DSC01752.jpg

Bill with his entry..

DSC01753.jpg

and Corey with his...

DSC01755.jpg

Bernie getting r'done!

DSC01756.jpg

Bill enjoying the weather

DSC01757.jpg

Man can Bernies boat haul carp!

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

A lazy couple hours on the "Barge

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

And here is the mascot... Hobbs!!

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

Edited by Gerritt

Wow! I don't know what more I can say about this weekend. I don't know how I can possibly thank Bernie enough for being such a great host. This weekend had everything that any of us could ever want. It started with pretty good traffic, even though we drove through a tornado. We found Bernie's place in no time, got packed into the boat and then scooted over to the cottage. We have lots of laughs, lots of fish and all came home with amazing memories.

Bernie and his brother Mike are both amazing fishermen. Not only do they know the area very well, we caught fish at pretty much every hole we pulled up to. It was a hard bite, but we did manage to tempt the hungry ones at every place we stopped in to fish.

Bernie pretty much hand feeds some of the woodpeckers up there, pretty cool to see them from 4 feet away.

wp0.jpg

wp1.jpg

wp2.jpg

Bernie has the cutest dog for sure, very well behaved and we spoiled him with lots of yummie meat all weekend.

hobbs.jpg

While we were going for a rip out to a fishing hole...

movingboat.jpg

We saw a pretty neat rainbow by itself up high in the clouds.

rainbow.jpg

Some of these pics that Bernie posted are the same as the ones below, but you can't imagine what kind of a surf and turf meal we had Saturday night!

food1.jpg

food2.jpg

food3.jpg

food4.jpg

food5.jpg

food6.jpg

food7.jpg

food8.jpg

food9.jpg

Here's a pic of Bernie after a long hard day of fishing, living the life we all wish we had.

bernie1.jpg

I will post more fishing pics a little bit later.

cd.

Edited by Corey

What a great weekend we had! Weather was perfect,winds were light and the fishing was ok. But the best part was we had a lot of fun. Good times were had by all. Great to meet Gerritt,Corey and Bill,all super guys. We are definitely going to do it again!

Edited by Nipissing

some of the scenery...

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

Here is a disemboweled Gull *Yuck*

DSC01771.jpg

There were lots of these fish.... All fish in the slot went back

DSC01782.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

Sunday was a great day to be on the water! the fishing picked up and this is what we caught in a few hours on the water... there were alot of fish in the slot caught as well....

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

The Boys

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

Bernie and his brother Mike... two awesome guys!

DSC01787.jpg

I know Corey has a crapload of pictures to add to this report as well.

If you are ever invited to join Bernie for a day of fishing jump at the chance! Great people, Great times and good clean fun!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Gerritt.

Wow! That's a whack of fish you got there. Glad the weather calmed down for you guys. Some super pictures in there too! I must head up and meet 'Ole' Bernie' one of these days :-)

Wow, I can tell by looking at the pictures that your days were not only filled with fishing and friends, but the most beautiful landscape.

Congrats on the huge haul of fish. Absolutely amazing...

Finally inches for your team??

Cheers guys, glad to hear you had a great time!

Jen

As previously mentioned Bernie is a great guy... enjoyed myself and I know that Gerritt and Corey enjoyed themselves too... We had great weather, great food and fishing and great company the whole time.... I dont think I could imagine a better weekend. Thanks again Bernie couldn't have asked for a better guy to put up with us...