How to cook ground Moose

FLEX ROD

Help please, I have a chunk of ground Moose meat that looks great, not too much fat but enough that it wont be dry so I am looking for some suggestions on how to cook it.

In the past I have done meatballs from Venison, marinated in Rum and OJ with ground up Plums and Pears but I am open to suggestions as I would like to do something different.

It will be cooked on Saturday, so please share some of your secret or not so secret recipes.

Please..... :santa:

Thank you,

FLEX

About half my moose ground was getting used up making jerky. I bought the high mountain kit from princess auto and did it in my oven. Did one pack (1-1.5 lb) at a time and it never lasted any more than a day or so around my house.

not the best if your on a low salt diet

cracked pepper and bourbon bbq was my favorite

About half my moose ground was getting used up making jerky. I bought the high mountain kit from princess auto and did it in my oven. Did one pack (1-1.5 lb) at a time and it never lasted any more than a day or so around my house.

not the best if your on a low salt diet

cracked pepper and bourbon bbq was my favorite

Paul. get some jalapenos and chop them up fine and add to the mix of the cracked pepper. Thats some nice taste. :whistling:

Shephards pie sounds like a good thing to do the potatoes will give you the moisture you need.

Art

anything you can do with ground beef, you can do ground moose, or any wild game for that matter

I want to taste the game. Why I never made speggitti sauce with mine. You just hide the real taste.

anything you can do with ground beef, you can do ground moose, or any wild game for that matter

Yes, this is true. However, it will not taste the same because of how LEAN most wild game meat is compared to ground beef.

For venison or moose I treat it the same and use the ground meat without adding and pork or other foreign meat to it. But I do NOT use ground venison/moose for hamburgers because of how dry and sometime gammie it can taste.

So I use it to make meatballs, chili, tacos and nachos with it and no one knows the difference.

I have made meatloaf with it, but wasn't overall satisfied with it because it was extremely dry.