sandal recommendations

huzzsaba

Lookins for recommendations on comfortable and durable sandals for long hiking (3-5 kms hike at one time). Will be used on all types of terrain so a all rounder and should have good arch support. Lighter is better. I know a lot of you are the adventurous type and hike a lot so should get some good recommendations.

something like this design.

merrell1.jpg

Thanks

I bought Merrell sandals similar to the ones pictured a few years back and the stitching started coming loose the same day. I returned them for another pair and those ones lasted 2 weeks and again the stitching was coming loose.

I returned them and got my money back and swore I'd never buy anything made by Merrell again. They used to be a great name but not so much anymore.

Edited by lew

Might want to wear boots instead if there are ticks where you hike. There were public service announcements this year about ticks and Lyme disease. Something to consider.

Boots are a pita, except for fall hunting.

Tevas offer the best balance of protection and amphibious comfort. :)

IMG_0473.jpg

thanks for the recommendation thus far. Ive read good things about the Tevas and Chris thanks for the heads up as I will check Winners. I was considering Merrell as well but as Lew mentioned perhaps the quality is not the same. Will look into Keen and Eccos as well.

Dutch01, thanks for the tip on the boots. Unfortunately I do need sandals for this trip but will keep your recommendation in mind when hiking in tick territory.

Thanks

Might want to wear boots instead if there are ticks where you hike. There were public service announcements this year about ticks and Lyme disease. Something to consider.

Yeah but who hikes(camps/fishes etc) head to toe in garments(especially in tick season)?

I, like chris, trek the bush in as lil gear as possible(sandals, cargo shorts, wife beater lol)

I cant help with sandals though. I walk alot of rock and my feet have become like the rocks ive walked on lol. I just where cheap sandals from china(wal mart) and some last surprisingly well(one pair lasted 4 years till I wore the material into nothing ???)

I've bought many but so far the Columbia are the best. They have lasted me the the longest of all. In all honesty, and this is in all seriousness, the Teva's made my feet stink, and I don't have stinky feet. It was just something in the material. I have had my Columbia's the longest and never had a problem with smell or wear out. They have just outlasted all the rest.

Good luck in your search!

thanks for all the replies. I can't believe the amount of research it takes to find the perfect pair of sandals!

Basically I have narrowed down my search to Chaco Z/1 or Z/2. Second option is the Teva Terra Fi lite.

Thanks Again!

So got a great deal on clearance at factory Shoe. Picked up a pair of Teva Tanza River Sandals. Was the best of the bunch that I tried. Price was not bad $85 taxes in. Fit and arch support was excellent.

Thanks for taking out time and giving your recommendations!