Public Service Announcement

Headhunter

Moved into a new, to me, house in June. Roof leaks apparently. I knew it was old, had hoped to get one or two more years out of it. Love to go steel if I can afford it...

We had our roof done in steel last year, cost me $520.00 more than it was going to cost if I had it re done in shingles by the time I calculated everything in. We love it, house stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I would never go with shingles again!

We had our roof done in steel last year, cost me $520.00 more than it was going to cost if I had it re done in shingles by the time I calculated everything in. We love it, house stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I would never go with shingles again!

Is it noisy inside when it rains?

Is it noisy inside when it rains?

I haven't been in Cliffs house, but I'd say no, its not any noisier than shingles. The attic is still just as insulated as it always was.

Now a barn roof, with no attic, or insulation, yes, much louder.

Go steel all the way and never look back.

S.

I haven't been in Cliffs house, but I'd say no, its not any noisier than shingles. The attic is still just as insulated as it always was.

Now a barn roof, with no attic, or insulation, yes, much louder.

Go steel all the way and never look back.

S.

I agree, not much louder but also should not have anything to do with insulation qualities either.