Ordered an ATV.

Woodsman

I'll be up in your area at times through the icefishing season so if you need a ride out to the grounds I could give you a ride if you have a proper helmet & meet me at launch point. With my schedule it could be any day of the week depending on weather & my work days.

Now here's one thing to keep an eye on. We have 2 of them at work however the 650 model. One of them has leaked engine oil from the right front corner of the engine, (passenger side if it were a SxS) Apparently something to do with the oil pump seal. The other had electrical faults in the transmission and then wouldn't recognize the keys or start. Good luck.

Nice quad, but I agree with the mudlites!!! Standard tires will get you stuck every time.

I bought a set of mud lites for mine to use in the summer and then studded the crap out of the stock tires for ice fishing. Good studs are amazing on ice but don't run them on your asphalt driveway....

Edited by G.mech

Congrats on your purchase! Hope it works out for ya(im sure it will)

But for ice fishing ill choose sled over wheeler any day(just my preference)

Get to the spot at 117, good way to wake up and fish hard?

Sleds are only good when there is snow on the ice. Down here there are a lot of times a sled is a no go. That said, there are times when there is too much snow for a quad.....ideally, you need both

Sleds are much faster though....for sure!!

S.

I've heard from my quad mechanic that I should try something for better floatation for my quad in the snow and I tried it a few years ago. Mudlites are installed in a certain direction( as per arrow on tire) he told me to move the left side tires to the right side and vice versa. So instead of throwing out the mud from the sides like they should do, it packs the snow under the tires if you reverse them. And take some air out of them. I tried it and I find a difference. Anybody else tried it

I've heard from my quad mechanic that I should try something for better floatation for my quad in the snow and I tried it a few years ago. Mudlites are installed in a certain direction( as per arrow on tire) he told me to move the left side tires to the right side and vice versa. So instead of throwing out the mud from the sides like they should do, it packs the snow under the tires if you reverse them. And take some air out of them. I tried it and I find a difference. Anybody else tried it

Never tried it but sounds logical!

just taking some air out makes a big difference, but in testing snow tires, a/t ect in vehicles over the years found reversing tires had little to no effect on tire performance, mostly just a marketing stradegy i think