Muskie tether setups

2 tone z71

I use stainless cable & crimps from Home Depot to put it together with a bit of shrink wrap to make it neat.

001-1.jpg

Loop it around the reel seat then attach the reel to the rod & your good to go.

002.jpg

I use the same cable for the tether with brass clips, just loop the cable through the clip, put on the shrink wrap & crimp it together.

049.jpg

Same idea for the end you clip to the boat.

050.jpg

047-1.jpg

Been using this set-up for a long time and have never had any issues at all with it. Not saying it's the only way or even the best way but it works good for me.

Edited by lew

That's perfect Lew ..quick and easy ,Thanks

Your more than welcome.

Forgot to add I make mine 4' long and that works good for me and makes it easy to unclip when you get a fish, but everybody will have their own preference as to length.

Your more than welcome.

Forgot to add I make mine 4' long and that works good for me and makes it easy to unclip when you get a fish, but everybody will have their own preference as to length.

...I might have to go longer ,my wife gets pretty excited when she gets one ,at 4' she may rip the other end clear outta the boat lol

Ever had a rod pull out? Mine have never budged....i use the down easters as well. Now you have me paranoid. Lol

Ive caught tons of salmon on those rod holders and never had a rod move though....

S.

...I run several different variations on the track setup ..id rather be safe then sorry,I lost the wife's new avid pearl early this spring ,something I don't wanna repeat lol Edited by North East Shark

Ever had a rod pull out? Mine have never budged..

I've never lost anything either Shane but do know a couple guys who have had expensive rigs go over the side. The tether doesn't interfere with anything and only takes a second to unclip when a fish hits.

My trolling combos float...

Also every trolling crank I have ever seen floats...

Before you bother with a leash put your trolling combo in the water and see if it floats... Of it does it's kinda pointless to have leashes...

I had a set of leashes and they were more trouble then useful...

I would think the tether would get in the way as well.

Not in the least Shane, I've caught a ton of muskies while the rod is tethered and never once did it get in the way.

Soon as the fish hits you lift the rod out of the holder and with one hand simply unclip it and lay it down in an out of the way spot and your all set.

It's all a personal choice though and if you like the tether their great, but if you'd rather not use one that's good too.