2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

My take as always,not so much getting rid of Dion,maybe. They say 3-4 years,not sure why they want to put us through that for another 3-4 years.Draft choices,draft choices/trade. This is a long haul. You have some cap room ,treat us Leafs fans for a bit of optimism . We need a captain/center,whatever,maybe this will happen in the next two weeks?getting rid of Dion,give us a veteran or someone to build around.As a life long Leaf fan I am not so sure I can wait another 3-4 years for again /maybe a good Leaf team.

Just me wondering what these all high priced management are going to do and justify for the next 3-4 years..START NOW,by the dead line .

Wow! I had no idea about this!

I had no idea either! Burke .... unless they were NCAA grads he'd never draft them! Iguess that's why I share Dave's sentiments. The leafs do work harder and they do play with a system so you can see they're being coached. The problem now is they have so little talent and they're so young. I'm just weary of the unpteenth rebuild! Let's dump the salary cap and just buy a team the way the Yankees do!

I had no idea either! Burke .... unless they were NCAA grads he'd never draft them! Iguess that's why I share Dave's sentiments. The leafs do work harder and they do play with a system so you can see they're being coached. The problem now is they have so little talent and they're so young. I'm just weary of the unpteenth rebuild! Let's dump the salary cap and just buy a team the way the Yankees do!

Wouldn't that be nice, but the mlb just makes the team pay them directly with a luxury tax, with the NHL it affects next seasons cap by reducing it

lolllll its every little canadian boys dream on a saturday night...to step on the ice...at....

the canadian tire centre LOLLLLLLLL

the second home ice of the toronto maple leafs and the montreal canadians...its a sure fire thing that whatever team is playing toronto or montreal at Canadian tire centre is getting booed!

geeze bad time to be a hockey fan in canada?

stand.JPG

buffalo may as well be canadian.

and how can EDM continue to suck. i know mcdavid's been out but with all those former rnd1s..

Edited by Raf

Hockey is loosing fans from the people I talk too.

For sure! Look at how far down one needs to scroll to find this thread on a daily basis. Toronto has the Blue Jays and Raptors so people aren't even following the rebuilding Leafs. It's about time the fans walked from Leafs Nation.

its because the NHL is too focused on building interest in the states, they've kinda let Canada go by the way side. Whens the last time we had a Stanley Cup winning team in Canada? 1993? thats pathetic!

I wondered about that too but I can't see the logic behind a move like that by the NHL. Markets are too small in Canada and don't produce enough money???

I wondered about that too but I can't see the logic behind a move like that by the NHL. Markets are too small in Canada and don't produce enough money???

If they are,why are mtl,Toronto,Edmonton,Vancouver ,Winnipeg ,not sure about Calgary full all the time?.To me ,that is not the reason?. Thinking not revenue maybe marketing?or something else has to be the reason. tv,Radio?. Sure not a fan issue from what I see.I may be wrong again lol.

TSN panel last night says 5 years to build a Leafs team that will make the playoffs on a consistent basis. Go Jays Go! I won't be following them at the end of 5 years and I'll bet the season ticket holders won't be either. I always knew it would take a mass exodus by the fans to precipitate change.

Hockey is loosing fans from the people I talk too.

A friend of mine used to work at Sportsnet and can confirm this. I say used to because he was recently laid off. Seems the $5 billion they spent on the hockey rights have gotten them very little in return. I bet they're thanking every god there is that the Jays are still relevant.

Byebye reimer!

They didn't get enough in return for him IMO, but it does help the leafs lose for now which is what they want, also who knows how contract talks have been going between them, so they may have gotten nothing instead

Well trading REimer will make the tanking less obvious. Looking over your shoulder Edmonton? Disgraceful way to improve your odds of a first overall pick. I wish Reimer all the best. He and his wife weren't treated very well in Toronto. Bet he's smiling heading to a playoff team. His best hockey took place in the playoffs.

He didn't rule out coming back, however unlikely there is a chance, a lot of teams are committed and he wants to be a number 1.

I hope they can draft or trade for a decent goalie prospect, cause trading for a starting goalie isn't always easy on the budget or the prospect/draft pool

Also I hope bibeau or sparks can fill the need for now and hopefully into the coming years develop real well, until either Bernie gets his groove back or they figure something out for the position

Edited by Lucas F