Cabela's Semi-Synthetic Two-Cycle Oil

JoshS

If you are currently using synthetic maybe. Never heard of a semi synthetic oil

If you were using a natural oil and decided switch to synthetic the whole system needs to be drained and start over with.

Natural and synthetic are not happy together and your motor will blow-up.

That Mystic stuff from BPS is natural and it's likely fine just don't mix with synthetic.

If you were using a natural oil and decided switch to synthetic the whole system needs to be drained and start over with.

That Mystic stuff from BPS is natural and it's likely fine just don't mix with synthetic.

Unfortunately there's a lot of rumours around, this is a common one. Mixing synthetic may not be recomended, however things do not blow up.

never heard of semi-synthetic really??

probably 40% of the oil on ctc shelves is semi-synthetic due to cost

p.s semi-synthetic oil is just natural oil with up to 30% synthetic added to it

so to say your engine will blow up is a bit of a crock, I have mixed them all at times depending on what I can get my hands on

never heard of semi-synthetic really??

probably 40% of the oil on ctc shelves is semi-synthetic due to cost

p.s semi-synthetic oil is just natural oil with up to 30% synthetic added to it

so to say your engine will blow up is a bit of a crock, I have mixed them all at times depending on what I can get my hands on

Another thing you guys don't want to hear is 2 strokes Love good oil. At the rate you are changing oil for a few dollars I assume happy savings.

When I raced motocross you could tell the motors with cheap oil even if they had 3-4 hrs on a set of rings.

Also were I learned to not mix natural with synthetic it's a gunk show.

With new motors I use the factory oil until long after warranty then make 1 switch to good quality after market oil. Last motor did blow up but it had over 1400 hrs on a bass boat. It was a cracked water jacket, the pistons, walls and rings great shape.

whats the price? i use to use ams hp injector oil but to to availabilty issues in my area been using lucas semi-syn get it for around the $35 a gallon (3.78l) point.

It's around the same price... 9 bucks a quart.

Hmm... haven't heard that mixing semi-synthetic with regular oil is bad. I do not run synthetic now. Is there any truth to this? Should I stick with the natural stuff? I run a '04 merc 75hp oil injection 2stroke.

Just google - "Is it ok to mix natural oil with synthetic oils" - you'll find out that it is ok - synthetic oils have better qualities that normal oils - so if you mix these oils you will be reducing the qualities of the synthetic oil -

....or you're improving the quality of the dino oil by adding synthetic? :) I can't see a 2-stroke blowing up because you're mixing different kinds of premix

Ive used all types of oil in my old 2 stroke withno issues, although I do stick to quality oil unless I cant get it.

Ive even mixed synthetic with dino in the same tank.

I do the same in my beater car......its got 398K on it now with no issues.

Anyone have proof of an engine blowing up, id love to see it!

S.

I guess the difference is I've had my hands in all kinds of 2 strokes. Maybe they have improved the formula I still wouldn't do it.

I also wouldn't buy cheap brands made in some third world country with a chemist from cracker box U.

Cheap oils are carbon factory's and 1 look you can tell the owner has been using garbage. Mixing natural oil and synthetic looks stringy and goopy.

Like my engines running clean.

Honest question, learning new things here, thanks

I have used traditional oil for years and then switched to synthetic

Question,,,,when would someone use semi synthetic and why do they have it in the first place

Cheaper alternative, although to really get the benefits of syn oil, you may as well go the distance. I use the 100% stuff in my car and truck, once a year oil change for the truck, car gets a filter change half way and a top up. Nothing has blown up or burns oil. I had an old 91 Jetta that was treated the same way, passed air ever other year clean test pretty much at factory spec.