The Ultimate Back Lake Weapon, the Cessna 180, Report

chris.brock

If Cam had big jugs, I think I would propose.

How cool is this-

"Chris, I've got the plane and a day of free time. Let's go for a fish. What lakes do you think we should check out?"

Right on! Out comes my map, then some discussion, then some packing/ organizing, then some altitude.

We have to "borrow" boats. I've been exploring for years and kept my ears open too so we make a choice and away we go.

No dock required.

100_3471_zpsd2k73amg.jpg

It would take me way too long to portage into here. With the float plane, 15 minutes can cover so much ground.

rain_zpsvpdp87ot.jpg

There was muskie and smallies in the lake. Some guys may guess the area we were in, Hahaha. I casted mostly for skis while Cam Jansen tried to nail the bass.

100_3468_zps6qxskdyg.jpg

The only ski we saw, tried to take my Pop R while I was surface fishing for bass. It came out of the water, then entered nose first, and hardly made a splash, a perfect 10.

Safe and sound near Coby.

100_3473_zpsie1hvyke.jpg

There's no fly-in pickerel lakes near Minden, so these would have to do, and they did fine in the frier.

100_3474_zpsl7qrbhid.jpg

I'd give the lake a B+

If I win the Lotto, I'm getting my licence and a float plane.

Edited by chris.brock

Cool.

Stupid question: Do you know someone on that lake or is it fisherman's honour, you can borrow a boat and bring your own motor.

I don't have a plane, I'm just curious.

We use boats with the plane and on our ATVs. We don't know who owns them. We just leave them the way we found them. So far we haven't had any issues.

Funny story, I did a post from a back lake and a member on here said I was using his boat, Hahaha,

He was fine with it, good guy

Edited by chris.brock

We use boats with the plane and on our ATVs. We don't know who owns them. We just leave them the way we found them. So far we haven't had any issues.

Funny story, I did a post from a back lake and a member on here said I was using his boat, Hahaha,

He was fine with it, good guy

The way it should be Chris. As long as it,s not his wife your taking out .

Nice report..

Since a cached boat could technically be considered littering if a CO had good reason to, I'd say they're fair game. Unfortunately everyone around here locks them up. Although it sure would suck if I got all the way back there and found someone else using my boat that I paid for and dragged all the way back there lol