country lawn darts...NF

Thats exactly what we are doing.

Closest wins

We played a similar game when we were kids back in the 50's but we'd take turns shooting our arrows straight up in the air then see who could stand closest to where it would land.

Goofy stuff we used to do but we all survived....somehow :lol:

We played a similar game when we were kids back in the 50's but we'd take turns shooting our arrows straight up in the air then see who could stand closest to where it would land.

Lol. Its fun!

Just so no one gets upset they are blunt arrows shot on a banshee kids bow.

Its hard judging the wind and distance

Lol. Its fun!

Just so no one gets upset they are blunt arrows shot on a banshee kids bow.

Its hard judging the wind and distance

No toys for us Rick, we used real bows and real arrows but looking back over the decades it's hard to believe we actually did all those crazy things when we were young & dumb and lived to tell the tales LOL

No toys for us Rick, we used real bows and real arrows but looking back over the decades it's hard to believe we actually did all those crazy things when we were young & dumb and lived to tell the tales LOL

Yeah thats gnarly. When i was a kid we did use pellet guns. Hurt like hell.

But it was fun lol

Us too...sad thing is, not all survived

We made beer can canons when we were kids. The old tin beer cans for those of us old enough to remember them, made great canons.

Get 5 beer cans and cut the bottoms and tops off of four of them. The remaining can, make a hole with a nail at the bottom side of the can, opposite side of the push/pull opening at the top. This can is your bottom can.

Tape all five together with duct tape. Drop in a few drops of lighter fluid and push a tennis ball down the top of the canon, into the second can from the top.

I believe that there is a youtube link if you search beer can canon.

HH

We made beer can canons when we were kids. The old tin beer cans for those of us old enough to remember them, made great canons.

Get 5 beer cans and cut the bottoms and tops off of four of them. The remaining can, make a hole with a nail at the bottom side of the can, opposite side of the push/pull opening at the top. This can is your bottom can.

Tape all five together with duct tape. Drop in a few drops of lighter fluid and push a tennis ball down the top of the canon, into the second can from the top.

I believe that there is a youtube link if you search beer can canon.

HH

That was our potato gun. Wire wrapped and duct tape. Could launch a spud the length of two football fields.

Well I missed a lot, you guys had fun or tried to harm yourselves! delivering 80 Globe and Mail papers for 6 days (2 hours/day) at 5 am took a lot of me, especially in the winter. :( and then on Sunday knocking on doors trying to get paid, even worse.

Well I missed a lot, you guys had fun or tried to harm yourselves! delivering 80 Globe and Mail papers for 6 days (2 hours/day) at 5 am took a lot of me, especially in the winter. :( and then on Sunday knocking on doors trying to get paid, even worse.

Come for a visit... ill shoot some flaming arrows at ya!

Never too late???

They work better if you cut 1/2 of each lid off the can and turn them a quarter turn to each other Joe (gets the explosion twirling). Tape them together, make a barrel and away you go. "when we were kids", guess that was last summer as the one I made for Kristal blew a 1" limb off the white pine above the deck.. about 30 feet up. The perfect bullet is a ABS glue can.. the ones with the little brush! lol Hard to find good soup cans that have both ends able to be opened, all them formed bottoms screw all the fun up these days!

Edited by irishfield

Believe it or not we would play football with bow and arrow when we were kids. If you could catch an arrow you could catch anything. We didn't fire them at a few hundred feet per second, and to tell you the truth as I remember back 50 years they were kids plastic things, but it was fun. The other thing we did was play baseball with golf balls sometimes on asphalt or hardpan. If you could hit a golf ball or catch one a hardball looked like a beach ball coming over the plate or into your glove. The kids we played with played on the same Bantam team and won the city championship 3 years straight. We had to play on a farmers field and their actually a few in the east end of Hamilton in the 60's. You can hit a golf ball a long way, breaking apartment windows on the 7th floor was doable. Our coach had the entire team practice with golf balls. They came at you fast.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Blunt arrows or not , one small mishap and someone loses an eye. This ones going up for a Darwin award!!

Too each their own I suppose.

I like to have fun. Its not like we were shooting horizontally at each other.

You can see the arrow for long enough to easily move if its going to hit you.

Lighten up, have some fun?