Well that was a surprise! NF

So the last few days I've been walking around the neighbourhood enjoying the weather and practicing my turkey calling (diaphragm call). Well today I walked down past some houses on a quiet street that backed on to the upper Don Creek. I'm walking, yelping away and out of nowhere this gobbling just stops my heart. I freeze, get low to the ground and start calling back, within a few seconds I see a little blue head poking out of a hedgerow, again gobbling back to me. Soon enough we're having a nice conversation and I have a jake walking straight to me! I take out the cell and call my dad to grab the camera gear and get down as fast as he can, long story short I was going back and forth with this bird for maybe 40 minutes, him no more than 40 feet from me. Needless to say I suddenly have a lot more confidence in my calling, can't wait for opening day!

_DSC9282_zps5jrts0jv.jpg

_DSC9276_zpsojxohf66.jpg

_DSC9271_zpspbbdw3o7.jpg

_DSC9267_zpsqfo0atnj.jpg

_DSC9251_zps662syr0k.jpg

That's pretty cool Chris. I'm trying to imagine what I'd think if I saw a young teen walking through my residential neighborhood making turkey gobbling noises LOL!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing...

Nice work Chris, didn't realize you were getting into hunting