2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Friday can't come soon enough! It was such a positive vibe on the streets after the win. Depsite the row of cars around Skydome, fans were cheering for a good solid hour.

Estrada certainly upped his FA value after his game 5 performance! What looms ahead will be difficult...I'm not sure if Rogers can sign Price and Estrada and that's going to be a difficult choice to make in the off season. Just enjoy the moment for now.

They have more than enough to sign both tbh, I think Buerhle is done, no Hawkins, They NEED that ace pitcher, Geinke or Kershaw?

As long as they get one of them. I know it's not ideal next year but I can live with a rotation of Stroman, Estrada, Sanchez, Dickey, Hutcheson.

I can't live with that rotation, I really like Sanchez as the 7th-8th inning guy, Hutcheson, can't win on the road, and gives up way too many runs, maybe their much needed long man out of the bullpen? or trade hm, and stretch out Hendriks for that role

but either way, they have some work to do for this season before they go to work in the off season

KC exposed what the Jays are lacking and that's relief pitching. They sent in Pennington to avoid using Sanchez and Osuna.

As for Hutch, dunno if Gibby has any faith using him anymore and that can really knock a pitcher's confidence down a notch or two...perhaps he can bounce back, just look at Cecil. Was the closer at the beginning of the season, blew a couple of saves, loses his spot as closer, but has become an awesome relief pitcher.

I was watching a bit of the Cubs vs Mets game and was watching Colon pitch...wow! For a dude his age, he certainly looked like a better option that Hawkins. If we can pick up guys like Colon without having them go bust, next season will be a good one too.

And fingers crossed, hope we can get Estrada and Price back with the club and pick up another arm to replace Buerhle and Hutch.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

They have more than enough to sign both tbh, I think Buerhle is done, no Hawkins, They NEED that ace pitcher, Geinke or Kershaw?

I can't live with that rotation, I really like Sanchez as the 7th-8th inning guy, Hutcheson, can't win on the road, and gives up way too many runs, maybe their much needed long man out of the bullpen? or trade hm, and stretch out Hendriks for that role

but either way, they have some work to do for this season before they go to work in the off season

Hutch has really had a few strange years but he hasn't been so bad that I would remove him from the rotation. At his age I think you have to give him at least 1 more year. He is still a pup (what is he? 25?). I'd rather have price and keep Sanchez in the pen but traditionally better pitchers graduate from the pen to starters. There is talk of Osuna moving from closing to a starter. Not sure I like that.

Really, the jays know what they have in these guys. I'd take Price over Hutch and Grenkie over Sanchez anyday but it would be very hard to do. Having Hutch as the #5 guy minimizes the damage.

Hutch has really had a few strange years but he hasn't been so bad that I would remove him from the rotation. At his age I think you have to give him at least 1 more year. He is still a pup (what is he? 25?). I'd rather have price and keep Sanchez in the pen but traditionally better pitchers graduate from the pen to starters. There is talk of Osuna moving from closing to a starter. Not sure I like that.

Really, the jays know what they have in these guys. I'd take Price over Hutch and Grenkie over Sanchez anyday but it would be very hard to do. Having Hutch as the #5 guy minimizes the damage.

Osuna is not a starter, and never will be, hes said himself, hes a one inning guy, thats why they stopped using him for multiple inning relief appearances and into the closer role.

Some guys are just made for a certain role, Sanchez as a starter loses 5 mph off his fastball to save energy for the long run, and that makes it less effective and then he starts to get a little wild, hence the control issues in the minors. he goes for an inning an inning and a half, he can let is fly, and all he has to focus on is those 3-5 outs.

also things are getting wierd!

45320151985.jpg

Osuna is not a starter, and never will be, hes said himself, hes a one inning guy, thats why they stopped using him for multiple inning relief appearances and into the closer role.

Some guys are just made for a certain role, Sanchez as a starter loses 5 mph off his fastball to save energy for the long run, and that makes it less effective and then he starts to get a little wild, hence the control issues in the minors. he goes for an inning an inning and a half, he can let is fly, and all he has to focus on is those 3-5 outs.

also things are getting wierd!

45320151985.jpg

Too bad Back To The Future 2 couldn't predict this. :)

Bummer...what a shame...Thanks for letting me and others know. Much appreciated!

Dumb if you ask me.

I was there in '92 when the Jays won their first WS in Atlanta.

35,000 people all donated $5 to get in and that was given to charity.

The stadium made $$$$ on food, drinks etc.

It was an awesome evening!!!

Just me and 34,999 of my closest friends watching the game on the big screen!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Dumb if you ask me.

I was there in '92 when the Jays won their first WS in Atlanta.

35,000 people all donated $5 to get in and that was given to charity.

The stadium made $$$$ on food, drinks etc.

It was an awesome evening!!!

Just me and 34,999 of my closest friends watching the game on the big screen!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well, I suppose all is different, since Rogers are the new owners now. Like you, I'm surprised their analysts didn't crunch any numbers to see if they could make an extra buck or two. Apparently, the Jays have added an extra 40% to their bottom line! lol

Perhaps all of the hired staff would cost more than what they would make, hence the lack of a BUSH PARTY at the Skydome...who knows, but even if they lose a little money, the number of fans won would pay out in the long run IMO.

Again, I'm finding it hard to concentrate on my work today. lol Friday, sun is shining outside, and Game 6 later this evening.

Bush Party indeed! :)

Edited by FrankTheRabbit