What is the safest email site out there ?

misfish

Its best to have two or more accounts. One that you use for general interney stuff like signing up to forums and another for personal emails that you dont hand out freely. Gmail is pretty good ive found

Ok Im set up on GMAIL and it,s working. I was surprised to see all my vids I loaded onto you tube,but was told it,s all owned by the same. Google.

Just trying to figure out how to add contacts. Theres this circle thing. I dont want to give others access to my personal contacts emails . What happen to simple?

Ok now I have the problem when I open OFC, I go to this thread. Unreal.

Now all is back to normal. Open OFC and it shows alone, No added page. Good thing cuz I have good friday ham to get boiled and baked, Soup base to be done after that. Busy busy busy.

I like to maintain a simple life. I went with Xplornet as the provider and just use the system they provided. I have never gotten a spam email in the 3 years I've been using it. My wife has a G mail address, xplornet and another one I can't recall. No spam on her xplornet either. The other 2 yes.

Switched from Hotmail to Gmail many years ago.....WHY, one day all my emails that I saved were GONE.....EVERYTHING Gone........screw Hotmail. And if you deleted something from Hotmail there was no recovery, at least back then.

Spam filter IMHO is excellent with Gmail. I rarely get a Spam in my inbox but if you check the Spam file it loaded. And I love the calendar it has that emails me every morning with events, appointments, etc for that day. Also love Google search it has that I can just speak what I want instead of typing it.

Guess I'm the only one that still uses an email client like Outlook and keeps my mail on my computer rather than leaving it on some server somewhere out there. Have it set to delete any mail off the server once it is downloaded to my PC.

Guess I'm the only one that still uses an email client like Outlook and keeps my mail on my computer rather than leaving it on some server somewhere out there. Have it set to delete any mail off the server once it is downloaded to my PC.

So if your PC crashes you have nothing ? ? ?

Also you can not access your email if you don't have "your" computer with you ? ? ?

Also you can not access your email if you don't have "your" computer with you ? ? ?

Maybe I'm not understanding,but I can access hotmail by smart phone as well.No spam,automatically goes to junk.It's a outside mailbox,why would you not be able to get it back?.My computer crashed 5 years ago,I could still access and check my account.

Been at this long enough to know to back up anything important, heck, I remember backing up a 80 meg Hard Drive on 3 1/2 inch floppies on a DOS machine.

I can access any new email online from anywhere, only my main desktop at home has the Email client that stores and then wipes what is there.

I have in storage address books and email files from over 10 years ago on an external, when I get a new PC I save the addresses and emails and transfer to the new machine, keeping the zipped type files as insurance.

Been at this long enough to know to back up anything important, heck, I remember backing up a 80 meg Hard Drive on 3 1/2 inch floppies on a DOS machine.

I can access any new email online from anywhere, only my main desktop at home has the Email client that stores and then wipes what is there.

I have in storage address books and email files from over 10 years ago on an external, when I get a new PC I save the addresses and emails and transfer to the new machine, keeping the zipped type files as insurance.

Sounds like you you have it all figured out Dave!!You just reminded me to back my stuff on the external today.Thanks.

Ok stop confusing me please.LOL

Thanks for all the help here. Gmail seems to be working fine for me.

Heck-easily confused myself-and that is on a good day-lol

Could never get that Google Mail thang to work correctly--for me

Not a luddite-also not tech savvy--maintain a Bell and Rogers account--Spam Free on both accounts

Every success with Gmail bud