Trudeau says he will legalize cannabis if elected this fall.

fish_fishburn

If it puts the illegal growers out of production it will help keep the garbage out of the bush. On the trap line I find all kinds of fertilizer bags and flower pots and pails floating in the ponds and just thrown around the bushes. I have seen their temporary camp sites with lots of broken beer bottles and garbage laying around. I think they go in to tend to the crop for the weekend then leave their garbage behind.

I think we need to be careful who we label as potheads. You'd be surprised to find that quite a few are white collars and not just characters from Dazed and Confused ;)

Most of the users I know, use it to relax.

If someone need marijuana to relax, as far as I'm concerned they are a pothead, I don't care what colour their shirt is.I have crossed paths with drug users from all walks of life. From those requiring the services of methadone treatment facilities to those that smoke a joint every night to "unwind". I have also met my share of alcoholics, functioning and non. All use their habit as a crutch of some sort. Some very minor, others not so much. If someone needs a crutch to lean on, it's of no consequence to me, provided they aren't harming anyone else with their habits. I'd rather see it taxed and regulated, but there will still be crime in relation to it even then! Edited by porkpie

Well I am not a liberal for starters, and I don't think this is the only thing that the liberals are running on. I have read all the comments and it seems like most are for legalization. I am for legalization as well because I cannot think of one reason prohibition of pot benefits society. If there is, hopefully someone will shine some light on that for me. Now the cons are running their attack adds on tv about the libs legalizing pot and our kids are going to be getting pot from the libs and pot is 400% stronger then it used to be. These are all lies and the cons should be ashamed of themselves for thinking that the general public is so stupid to believe this.

I asked my 16yr old nephew this question on the weekend. I said to him. What is easier for you to get at school, pot or booze. His reply was anyone can get a bag of weed at school within 10 to 20 minutes, but for booze it would take a couple of days due to the logistics of getting someone to purchase it for you. So nothing has changed since I was in high school in the 70's. I am thinking that Harper will be announcing that he will legalize pot as well if he gets back in. If I was him I would do it now so the libs cant use that as part of their platform

Like I said pal, it's all the same to me. What people do in their free time doesn't bother me in the least so long as I don't have to be a part of it and they aren't harming anyone else. As for beer to relax and unwind? Yes, if you NEED it to relax and unwind then that means you have an addiction of sorts in my books. I NEED nothing to relax and unwind, and I can't imagine why someone would need a substance to do so. Nonetheless, if someone needs that crutch, I'll refer to the earlier part of my post. I don't care what people drink or smoke, so long as they aren't hurting or affecting anyone else. Lots of folks won't like that, and I get it, but there it is nonetheless.

Porkpie stop watching Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke. And how can it be taxed and regulated but still be a crime? There is so much info on the web about the use of pot. You should educate yourself a bit on the subject. Im not slagging you or your comments but to call all users potheads is just ignorance on your part.

hey does anyone else here that has or still does it feel guilty by the fact that they are donating to organized crime. It crosses my mind thats for sure.

Organized crime pay taxes through fronts and legitimate companies. This is why it's called organized.

You can donate by buying a pack of juice fruit.

Porkpie stop watching Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke. And how can it be taxed and regulated but still be a crime? There is so much info on the web about the use of pot. You should educate yourself a bit on the subject. Im not slagging you or your comments but to call all users potheads is just ignorance on your part.

Cigarettes are a legal product. There is still crime related to the smuggling of cigarettes. There is still crime related to alcohol. It may not be in your face but it's most certainly there. I'm probably not as uneducated on the matter as you think, but feel free to believe so. I've said my piece here, I don't think I can add much more to this thread.

In all seriousness, legalize it. Political parties aside, left or right.

I will admit I smoked my fair share in high school and university, and will partake from time to time now....(been a long time) only when I know I have zero responsibilities. ( which is rare) I can't remember the last time I bought it to be honest and the last time I blazed was years ago...

It is already legal if you hold a license. You can even grow it for personal consumption with said license or purchase it from a government approved grower.

I say legalize it, use as little legislation as possible to make it happen.

The problem I see here is Harper would not let this happen... Given the amount of money his government has invested in setting up grow-ops and licensing others to be able to grow for the medical licenses... His cabinet will have to admit they wasted a boat load of your $$$$.

As for young Mr. Justin...... I pray he never gets to sit in the big boy chair. Not that I am anti liberal... I just don't want a showboater leading this nation.

legalize it.... And let the punk kid wanna be gangstas move on to the drugs that should be illegal... Meth, heroin and other chemicals cooked up in sheds and basements.

There's my nickle,

G

Myself would never legalize it in to the hands on the GOV'T.

But in to private comp with out any provincial interference of taxation or law.

Creating jobs in the private sector only.

That we'll NEVER be happen. They will only legalize if they can tax it. And private companies are already growing under license from the government as are publicly traded companies. Also to add everything is covered under laws.... Why would pot be different? Edited by Gerritt

It needs to have some regulation on it to maintain a value to it if your going to tax it. If I put in say 5 or 10 acres and plan on selling a fairly low quality pot that a lot of tokers might choose over the high test anyway, figure on selling it for $20 a small bale, come fall the market will be flooded and I'll end up plowing it down. Let the farmers grow it like anything else, in a year or two it will be worthless.

If it puts the illegal growers out of production it will help keep the garbage out of the bush. On the trap line I find all kinds of fertilizer bags and flower pots and pails floating in the ponds and just thrown around the bushes. I have seen their temporary camp sites with lots of broken beer bottles and garbage laying around. I think they go in to tend to the crop for the weekend then leave their garbage behind.

This would not stop.

80% of the weed grown in Canada is smuggled out.

it is interesting to see that not one person here for the first thread ever is opposed to decriminalizing pot...so what the heck is going on here?

I actually wonder where the small minority is that is opposed to it.

In government.

G

it is interesting to see that not one person here for the first thread ever is opposed to decriminalizing pot...so what the heck is going on here?

I actually wonder where the small minority is that is opposed to it.

they're at work. :D

buncha slackers. :D

Harper is trying as we speak to take away the medical users who are licensed rights to grow their own weed. He doesn't want the med users to grow their own any longer and is trying to force them to buy from the govt program. Its in the courts now and he will probably lose because he is stomping all over their constitutional rights to do this. They have been allowed to grow their own since 2002. Some are saying that it will cost the upwards of 50k a year if they are forced to buy from the govt program, so they won't be able to afford their medicine.