2008 F150 or 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 NF

frodobuggins

Looking for real world experiences with either of those trucks. Looking to buy in the next 2 weeks to use for light work and towing 16 ft aluminum.

F150 is crew cab, 4 x 4, V8, 95,000 km (have 2 small kids-need the room for rear facing)

Ram crew cab, 4 x 4,Hemi, 66,000km

Price not an issue. Lots of Fords on the road but lack of side airbags and traction control makes me a little nervous.

Ram seems nice but some small complaints online so that is why I'm looking for your real world experiences.

Cheers

Edited by frodo

In my opinion the most reliable truck out there is a Chevy, but when we bought new at the time the design was such that my wife found too many blind spots for her. She mainly drives the truck, so we ended up with a 2010 ford. Ours only has 75k on it but so far so good. It's got a good layout, and tows anything I want with ease. As for dodge, the only good thing I can say about them is they make decent engines, most other guys I've known with them have had all kinds of issues, particularly premature wear in the front end. Your mileage may vary, but if you gave me a dodge for free it would be on kijiji the next day!

Third vote for the Ford I am running an 2012 F150 eco boost and the new eco boost transit. I have owned dodge and it was sold quickly due to rear end issues and transmission damage from a torque converter.

Art.

I love my 2007 RAM. The only money I've spent on it is tires and brakes. I do need to get some surface rust worked on this year. If you are a lead foot kind of guy though the Hemi can be very expensive on gas. But any big engines will be the same.

And when I change this one it'll be for another RAM.

Edited by wallyboss

That year dodge has a much better and stronger driveline than then older f150 both are prone to wheel bearing and front end issues

They both tend to have some electrical gremlins.

The hemi has heroic power output and returns decent mileage for 395hp.

The dodge has a multilink rear suspension better ride and handling.

I would go with the dodge over ford but really fairly equal trucks drive em and pick the one you like

only complaint i've heard is that the Hemi motor really sucks the gas when compared with the ford.this is from people that drive fords as the daily vehical and drive dodges for work trucks. the one guy i know puts 70k a year on his daily driver!

the blue oval is for me though!

Edited by FloatnFly

They're both good trucks that have known issues like everything else. Those hemis have tons of jam! Is the ford a 5.4 or 4.6

Found a 2010 Ford F150 with about 80k km under 20,ooo$ Leaning this way. After seeing others with over 400,000 km on it, seems like it has some life in it...

My last vehicle was a 2010 F150 with a 5.4 and it was an excellent engine with no issues, but I only had it for 2 1/2 years & 30,000 miles before I traded it in on a '13 so I can't give you anything on longevity of that particular motor but I'd think you'd be making a good choice.

Edited by lew