Holy Music Memories Batman :)

Joey

Oh the memories. Flying down the QEW to Sherkston Beach with the top down on the TR6 with the Muntz Quadrophnic 100 watt per channel 8 track cranked as my curly flowing locks blew in the wind a foot behind. Not too many drum solos and yodelling in songs these days. Pass me the peach schnapps you Hippy freak.

Still listen to it all the time.

Did you ever notice how van Leer and Ackerman were kinda spoofed in the Muppets house band.

Other member spoofs were Mary Travers and Billy Preston as Dr Tooth

Edited by bigugli

What genre did the Muppets put out, Punk, never did like Punk. I have a pic of my wife with purple hair and a diaper pin in her cheek. Don't know the Muppets Bruce. Only kidding, no kids so never watched the Muppets.

I see we lost Billy Preston recently. Loved learning the walking on the Sun dance. Did you guys do that dance? Lennon referred to him as the 5th Beatle more than once.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

and quit calling us "guys". :)

I see this strikes another thread ( http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78017)

Watched the remake of Robocop today this song was on it and I have not heard this for over at least 30 years ( :whistling: showing my age, I know). Anyone remember it????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGaVUApDVuY

Nope, but mind you it was 11 years before I came kicking and screaming into this world

Great song. I just had no idea what the name of it was. I just knew it as 'the song with yodelling in it'

van Leer on keyboard, vocals, flute and whistling. There was a lot of "experimental" music in the late 60's and early 70's where folk music and classical were blended with rock and pop. There definitely was "no same old, same old" then

As much as I LOVED that tune in the days of my youth, I would NEVER play that for my daughter and tell her; 'Yup, that's when music was good."

LOL

Thanks for the memories, Joey.

Could be worse. I had to explain what a "pet shop boy" was. And the answer is anything but family rated.

So since we've well established ourselves as a bunch of old folks or hippies if you please? , who is going to see The Grateful Dead in Chicago this summer? My wife and I have tickets for all 3 nights and managed to get ourselves seats on a plane that was fully chartered by Toronto dead heads... Some friends are friends with a pilot at Porter, therefore the hook up. Then to top it off about 75 of us are staying in the same hotel. Oh, it will be messy...Nobody else going ?

Edited by Shloim

Hocus Pocus...still a hit to this day. Never was a big fan of Focus. Saw some classic Uriah Heep and Jethro Tull in the similar videos though, that's the truly timeless stuff!

Add to that some Edgar Winter, Iron Butterfly, Deep Purple and Vanilla Fudge