One more Simcoe adventure...more adventure... less fishing...

icefisherman

Haven't checked how the whities are doing on Simcoe for a week and was there bright and early this morning...thought I should take the one man flip over to protect me from the wind. As soon as I stepped on the ice I knew this was terrible decision....good 30 cm snow everywhere with some snow drifts double that. Pulling the heavy wide sled was not the easy task I was hoping it'll be....the damn thing was pushing the snow more than sliding on it....as a result I had to stop every 10-20 meters to catch up my breath and give a brake to my legs....was sweating like crazy too...after a while the knees didn't want to listen to me anymore and it felt as I was getting close to dropping in the snow and not been able to stand up after that...what normally takes 20 min walk took 2hrs 15min today....by the time I got to my spot, fishing was the last thing on my mind. I was trying to recover somewhat to normal condition...lets just say it took a loooong while...Good thing one of my buddies dad just arrived there with his snowmobile ....he pulled my sled for the last 20 meters and more importantly graciously gave me a ride back to shore. I don't think I would have made it back on my own...it was just way too much of a punishment....so sitting in the hut counting my blessings I decided this will be the last ice season I fish without a snow machine of some kind...dead or alive I am buying one before next ice season come....

Years ago I was doing 3-4 km walk one way....but it seems those years and that physical condition I was in are long gone...so to save myself some serious health problems I better invest in a machine.

And for the rest of this season I'll try to go out only with someone who can be kind enough to give me a ride. Such a walk really takes out all the fun from the fishing trip....

Anyhow....quickly to the quick fishing....Meegs again all the way...lost one of my best ones as I didn't notice the heater burnt my leader...so down it went to the bottom....that didn't prevent me from getting my limit for just 15 min....then played another hour or so with few more whities and let them go...was so tired it felt like my bones are going to fall apart so I gladly took the offered ride back...what a difference....it only took few minutes instead of probably 3 more hours (if I was to be able to make it at all). So great thanks to my friend for the ride.

Few tired shots of the fish today....even they felt my pain and didn't want to pose...

20150214_082051_resized_zpshxqjr2wu.jpg

20150214_085755_resized_zpsf9d6tnhu.jpg

20150214_085904_resized_zpsitee9nh1.jpg

20150214_085806_resized_zpsoanxloik.jpg

20150214_121712_resized_zpswndigi1o.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Nice report and nice fish! I know that feeling all too well (the walking part and sheer exhaustion) You have to admit though, at the end of the day when you finally make it back to your vehicle it's a pretty damn good feeling! I'm sure you wouldn't miss it too much once you get a sled though.

great report and amazing that it only took you 15 minutes to catch those.

I would a been out there with you today for sure but was another busy day at the fishing show. Maybe next weekend if I can get the sled running

Where is the booth you are at located, going to the show tomorrow afternoon, as I believe I mentioned in the other thread

What a day dude! Nice going on the dinner fish :)

A machine is deff in your future for next year!!

Let's get more Monday ;)

great report and amazing that it only took you 15 minutes to catch those.

Where is the booth you are at located, going to the show tomorrow afternoon, as I believe I mentioned in the other thread

I think #720 rings a bell... He's paired up with a plastics supplier - Impact Baits. Edited by kenzy31

What a day dude! Nice going on the dinner fish :)

A machine is deff in your future for next year!!

Let's get more Monday ;)

I think #720 rings a bell... He's paired up with a plastics supplier - Impact Baits.

I know he said he was with impact baits, just was curious of a rough location so thank you kenzy