Need help to build a smitty sled

CRAPPIE

Need help to build a smitty sled with and willing to pay for small fee,

Hi Fellow members,

Getting old now that means my towing power will go down now.

I have a small size black plastic sled that I used it everytime during ice fishing and I couldn't tow too far now due to my age and bad back problem.

I know some members built their own smitty sled and they can set it up and break it down in about 20 seconds.

I don't have a Van and I can not put the whole smitty sled in my trunk so if some one can help me to build a Smitty Sled which can set it up and diasemble it down in a short time?

I am willing to pay a fee for labour and parts!

Thanks in advance!

Well, if you can scrounge up some old skies, we can put one together in an hour or so depending on how fancy you want to get with it. We could even put a set of removable wheels on it (that might take us a little longer and you'd have to scrounge up 4 wheels). Where do you live?

Well, I live up in Lindsay so start scrounging and get a set of skies, I can't do much until the weather warms up a bit, my shop isn't heated but I do have all the tools we'll need. As I said, shouldn't take us much more than an hour. I have some 2X4s and 2X6, we can pick up the hardware here in town. let me know when you have the skies. If you do want to put wheels on it we'll have to scrounge some of those too but that can be added later.

Thanks again for the information.

This YouTube showing a professional handyman with professional tools but I live in a condo and no such tools at all.

One time I bought a cabinet from ikea and end up returned it because I am tool skill blind so I willing to pay someone to help me out to build one. Today I just tried to check goodwill and Salvation Army but couldn't get the ski . Hope my fellow members in this board can help me build one like the YouTube showed with easy assemble and dissemble

Thanks again.

First of all I have to say sorry because I should specific the area I can pick it up. I can pick up from Toronto to Trenton or Keswick area to pick it up. I will have a car till February 26 so I hope I can get one before that.

I really want to get one and would like to pay the labour and parts.

Thanks again for those who offer to help but it is a little bit far since I have to share my car with my wife.

Thanks anyway!

After reading the posts by those that offered help, it seems you're well on your way with this project.

Free skis in Millbrook, and the offer of a damn fine handyman, BigCliff, in Lindsey. So for probably half a tank of fuel and a half days time, you've got yourself a Smitty sled... I'd say OFC/C just showed some wicked hospitality :clapping:

Awesome - all the guys willing to help you out! I'm pretty handy with the tools but I'm in Niagara. PM me if you wish. My garage has heat! LOL! Sorry Cliff

Side note Cliff - my garage is insulated & heated (from the furnace) but, when it's -22C I supplement the heat issue with 1 of those propane heaters you screw on to a 20 lb BBQ tank.

First of all I have to say sorry because I should specific the area I can pick it up. I can pick up from Toronto to Trenton or Keswick area to pick it up. I will have a car till February 26 so I hope I can get one before that.

I really want to get one and would like to pay the labour and parts.

Thanks again for those who offer to help but it is a little bit far since I have to share my car with my wife.

Thanks anyway!

Driving to Lindsay, through millbrook, is probably closer than driving to Trenton.

The ski's are here if you want them. They are downhill skis, perfect for a sled. I've been saving them for a few years just for that purpose, but used UHMV plastic on mine instead.

Anyways, the offer stands if you want them.

S.

Hi Fellow members,

Thanks so much for your help and I will see when can I get the car to drive there.

I just got one car right now and I have to share with my wife. I will going to return this car end of this month because of end of lease.

I don't want you to hold the ski for me if you need to use it and I will p. m. you once I figure out the transportation .

I think I am asking to much already. Ideally if someone can build one for me with the ski so I can only arrange one time pick up.

Working shift and the schedule for me is very tight.

Anyway.

Thanks again for all the help!

Edited by CRAPPIE

Awesome - all the guys willing to help you out! I'm pretty handy with the tools but I'm in Niagara. PM me if you wish. My garage has heat! LOL! Sorry Cliff

Side note Cliff - my garage is insulated & heated (from the furnace) but, when it's -22C I supplement the heat issue with 1 of those propane heaters you screw on to a 20 lb BBQ tank.

My Garage is 72' away from my house LOL. My garage is insulated but I have to be honest, at my age I'm not going to go out in this weather and fire up a heater to try to warm things up unless it's to help out a friend in need!