Is Fishing Bad ??

Sour_Squirrel

North versus South.

North:

Q: Where'd you catch those fish?

A: Up the river.

South:

Q: Where'd you catch those fish you cruel insensitive animal killing b-terd?

A: ... sigh,,,,

Just kidding. Actually can't remember ever having any issue North or South with the P3TA types.

I was raised in Mississauga and now live in Halton Hills, I can say I have never had an issue with anyone while fishing in or around the city. In fact more often then not, the people I have interacted with have been more interested in knowing what type of fish are in the lake, river, creek, etc I'm fishing and if they are good eating.

and in the word of Phil Robertson

d3ff96e8e7d3e70d98db21bd5005e1517159ceee

I call them "citiots" they really have no clue about wilderness & wildlife and P3TA that's another group of wackos anyways !!! They don't ever show up in fishing or hunting towns that depend on the "sportsmans " money to make a living that's for sure it's too far aways from the city and the snow is too deep !!!! Thier GPS would not be able to find a Starbucks !! Lol ..... Oh ya and the bugs are too bad for them .... Too funny !!!!! And it's -27 this mornig I think we are good to go fishing or sledding without getting harassed today!! Up here in cottage country !!!! Cheers

You guys are too funny! I'm still laughing! I've never really encountered people with a negative attitude toward us who hunt & fish. They're usually more inquisitive. Saying wow! - where did you get those fish? I'm very happy my father & uncles introduced me to fishing & hunting at an early age. I just love being in the great outdoors. When I was a youngster my folks had a small 3 acre farm. We had all our own veggies, strawberries, tomatoes etc. Bonus - we hunted cottontails & ring necked pheasants on our own property. Doesn't get any better

North versus South.

North:

Q: Where'd you catch those fish?

A: Up the river.

South:

Q: Where'd you catch those fish you cruel insensitive animal killing b-terd?

A: ... sigh,,,,

Just kidding. Actually can't remember ever having any issue North or South with the P3TA types.

Reminds me when I was younger and I ask a man who was loading a deer into his truck, "where did you get the deer" and he told me "in the woods"...............so now when I'm back at the boat launch and someone asks "where did you catch those perch" I quickly say "in the lake"... ;)

All depends what you are fishing for and where. Go to Thunder Bay and ask 'where are the bass'. They will drive you to the lake, buy your worms and cast your line for you. Ask that in the Kawarthas and you may as well be asking their Bank card PIN number.

Honey holes arent given out here but yep, ask where what lake etc and youll get an honest answer.

When it comes to bass you dont even have to ask. They are everywhere. Populations in sunset country are just crazy.

Wanna get a kid hooked on fishing? Take him bassin on LOTWs or Rainy Lake

Have lived or worked in Toronto for 17 yrs and have never met this anti-fishing boogieman you guys refer to.

You ever fished the harbor or the Islands?? I've had random people ask me if I had my licence.. I've even been accosted at the islands on pike opener.. Leave the trout alone they would say... They're spawning!! :wallbash:

I've had people try to get mouthy with me about fishing. Several times.

I am actually surprised at some of the replies to this thread with guys saying they have "never" had anyone talk negatively to them about their fishing passion. Hunting for sure, all the time. Far less with fishing, but it still happens.

I actually started a similar thread on this forum a long time ago.

Some people think that fishing is hurting the poor fishy's. And taking them out of the water to get the hook out (even if your releasing them) is causing them pain, and making them suficate. It drives me nuts. But I love to argue with them about it!!! :ninja: