Extreme Cold Warning.

DRIFTER_016

Unlike back East they don't issue a cold weather warning @ -15C. If they did we would be under one from October to April!!! They wait for it to get a little colder here in the North country before one is issued.

OK, a lot colder!!! Like 35* colder!!! They don't issue one until it hits -50C ambient or windchill.

So if you think it's cold there, it really isn't. ;)

10904463_1081742955185376_46368053314161

Well I can tell ya, living in a tent at -50, we each had 2 burner coleman stoves with 2 tanks, one burning, one refilled and ready to go. At 1 hour and 55 minutes you put the refilled tank very close to the side burner and heat the naphtha, otherwise on flame out, the second tank wouldn't light up. That's on top of a coleman lantern and an alladin blue flame heater going. Did we have tent eye..

Regular motor oil was stiff, like solid. I had a trailer tire that was completely deflated but didn't go down, that's how stiff the rubber was. And these weiners whine at -15.

Went out for my mile and a half walk yesterday had to pry off the belaclava a little firm it was but refreshing, wish I could download pics on this thing

And dave u forgot we never have school bus cancellations or school closures.

A couple of years ago when our son was in school still some of his friends did not initially believe us that they had school closure days down south not just for the snow but the cold. The high schools dont have busing for them . Just the public schools

I lived in Flin Flon, Manitoba for grades 3 and 4 and we had to walk to school in -50. Mom used to make me wear a skidoo suit and then I'd wrap a scarf around the hood of it over my face. You could see through the scarf a bit, enough to walk anyhow.

And yes, it was up hill both ways :)

Edited by Joey