New Evinrude

kickingfrog

OH BOY, here we go again with what is the best motor........LOL.......actually the ones made nowadays are all good engines and "you" pick the one that mostly fits your needs.

I have a 2013 E-Tech and LOVE it so far........but others like the 4 stroke models so good for them. I will say I had the choice between a Yammy and a E-Tech and for myself it was a easy decision and saved me over 1K plus a 5 year warranty.

I do agree I don't like the new looking engines from most manufactures, especially the new E-Tech but that mostly because I am use to what a outboard should look like in "my eyes".

Yeah Bill, at 50 MPH you should get most of the summer from a tank of gas.

LOL!! I just like the fact that my Yamaha actually gets me to my fishing spots and back to the dock :) Fuel mileage be damned (Although I gotta admit in the spring when the water is cold, our F115 sips fuel)

Somehow Ranger has gotten my email and I can't help but notice they are now. all powered with E-Tech outboards........is there any boat out there that is not package anymore........at one time you just had to choose a marina that had the boat you liked and they usually could put on at least 2 different manufacture motors if not more.

http://www.mydreamrig.com/?utm_source=MDR&utm_medium=EBLAST&utm_campaign=VS1780

It's a wonder they still make 2 strokes, try reselling. :worthy::whistling:

I had NO PROBLEM selling mine and it was OLD SCHOOL 2 stroke technology. But these new E-Tech are a HUGE improvement over regular 2 strokers and those old motors served us fine for about 100 years.

There are people who prefer 2 strokes for their light weight and low end torque. When I take my boat to the marina, the serviceman always mentions my motor and says that I could get a lot of money for it because they don't make them anymore.

Two strokes are becoming a thing of the past ..they are history

I agree old school 2 strokes are "becoming history" but the new E-Tech engines will be around a lot longer then all of us on this planet.

P.S. I'm not sure if even the "small" old school 2 strokes engines will become history anytime soon because they are not making them in 4 stroke or E-Tech design to the best of my knowledge. Maybe someone else can chime in on those real small outboards... 2 hp - 6 hp engines.