cooking thread...

Not sure if there is a PHO shop in K-town.

Looks interesting for sure, and probably better than the sausages and whipped potatoes I made for supper....................but I was somewhat pressed for time.

Tomorrow's menu (planned) is BC Spot-tail prawns Primavera with fusilli pasta, should be pretty tasty.

Doug

You find in almost all smaller cities, these places get low ratings. Lots of talk about the best being in Toronto. Ah ya, they have the largest asian based community. Yes the few here in Barrie dont compare, but it gives me the satisfaction of a good asian soup. Great people as well.

Edited by Brian B

Well it's gone, well mostly. Very filling.
A big slab of my left over bacon wrapped, mushroom, onion, cheese stuffed beef from the smoker on a a fresh kaiser with my fave toppings

along with the pasta salad topped with sun dried tomatoes and cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos.

Great meal, rest is now desired and the morning quite frankly scares me.

12004781_1523049071289155_39409800943103

Hey Spiel, a Vietnamese, Tai place opened up this summer in Dunnville. It is across the street from Bob's Family restaurant. I know you get out here once and a while, check it out. The best spring rolls this side of the Mei Kong Delta. I haven't tried the Pho yet. Try Winnie's Vietnamese coffee.

That dinner has made me hungry.

I bought a container of mixed olives and veggies at the Portuguese market on James N. and Roberts St downtown. No one told me it was "E" Blast Furnace hot. It brought me to my knees. It was stupid hot , I mean kneeling on the bathroom floor over the toilet hot. I don't know how people can take it that hot. What is the scale they have to measure pepper hot? No amount of straight Vodka calmed the heat.

What is the scale they have to measure pepper hot? No amount of straight Vodka calmed the heat.

The pepper scale to measure heat is the scoville scale.

I grew peppers one summer that tested out at 250,000-300,000 scoville units. I ate a piece the size of a pencil eraser once they had ripened....never touched them again and the seeds are even hotter. Some hot peppers now rate at over 1 million units. By comparison Jalapeño's rate at around 3,000 to 5,000 units. Love pickled Jalapeño's with chips and salsa but that's about as hot as I can enjoy.

I love PHO, it's cheap and man is it good!!!!!! Problem is the menus...... 1000 types of soup! Can't say I've ever tried any of the ones that have tripe in them....

I stick to the basics at PHO places.... Chicken or beef lol

I have the chefs special. It,s loaded and I dont ask whats in it.LOL

And to add

I just pulled another well rubbed roast of the BBQ for weekend sandwiches. Me bad,

Edited by Brian B

Tripe is not food, I stay far and wide from it. ;)

Just close yer eyes and swallow.LMAO

Every soup I have ever had, had tripe.

If it wasnt for a long gone, for some reason member, I never would of known of this great bowl of soup.

Edited by Brian B