Favourite wrestler of all time-NF

LostAnotherOne

And let's not forget everyone's whipping boy back in the day.....Silent Death Brrrrrian Mmmackney!!!

We played on the same NFC team in Stoney Creek in 78'. He also tag teamed with his brother, also hearing impaired. Brian was a offensive tackle, to get off the snap count he would watch the foot of the guard beside him. One tough guy. Unless it was a different silent Brian that wrestled.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Wow. I must be the young buck on this forum cause most of you guys mentioned wrestlers I never heard of before. Way, way, way before my time. lol

If you are referring to Maple Leaf Wrestling, we are going back to the 60's and 70's. the WWF did not exist back then. Some of the greatest legends, like Gorgeous George, go back to the 50's.

Hey, I remember Eric Frolick too. He was a 'good' guy from the wrestling that was shot out of Vancouver. I remember him against another good guy and it was what they refered to at the time as a 'scientific match.' Two guys fighting clean, fast and attempting multiple holds and pins, fighting to a draw and shaking hands at the end of the match. Never saw too many matches like that one.

My early wresting shows were the shows on French TV in Montreal on Wednesday night from the Forum and my favourite was Waldek "Killer" Kowalski.

Those were the days of Yvon Robert, Larry Moquin, Gorgeous George, Yukon Eric (Kowalski took off part of his ear one night with a knee Drop) and Don Leo Jonathan.

Then Edouard Carpentier arr'd and it got really good, I saw Carpentier and Kowalski at Delormier Stadium in Montreal perhaps 1956????

In the WWF, Roddy Piper was a fav with the Macho Man.

Today, the show is all the talk and lots of punching and kicking - on the positive side the jumps and leaps today are way better than years ago.

David aka Superdad

Back in the day my dad used to take us to the gardens and you could get ting side seats from the box office the night of . It was maple leaf wrestling and Billy Red Lyons wrestled in the first match every time. Mr Fuji was still wrestling too