Any good Black Friday Deals

Paudash

Adam, you and the others on here, who mentioned an interest in them probably understand that a Snap ON or MAC professional tool doesn't have to still be all shiny to still work perfectly fine, and a lot better than some cheap drop forgie special...

As my Dad said he used to have crawl under big diesel trucks all day for the first 35yrs he was a mechanic. If you were smart, you soon learned to set down on the floor, or ground what tools you KNEW you were going to need while you under there.

With the tools down there, you could just roll out on the creeper and grab what you wanted, and roll back to work. Instead of having to roll out get up walk, over to your tool cabinet at the front of the bay.... (Also trashed 2 perfectly good creepers and one restoration kit for them BTW LOL) So of course things would get scuffed or marked from doing that over the 60 plus years, in all kinds of weather.

I guess most of the people who looked at them during the sale we had were more interested in just looking at them rather than ever WORKING with them?

I know exactly how valuable used tools are, they've done tons of work and already know what they're supposed to do! LOL! A joke like could only ever be made by the son of a now-retired Snap-On Tools dealer...

I hear you Canuck2. Mom and Dad went into a small 1 bedroom residence last March after 60 years in the family home.. I couldn't give away some valuable items, my place is full to the rafters with stuff from my childhood home. We filled a large dumpster that barely fit in the driveway with thousands of $$$$$ of stuff, a sad time for sure but I know they are safe out of that huge house with all those stairs. No garage sale, there was still 2 feet of snow on the ground last March. Apparently none of the kids wanted any VHS machines complete with re winders, Remember re winders anyone? And cassette players complete with Dean Martin and Tom Jones tapes. One of the great grand kids had no clue what the wall hanging pencil sharpener was for or the 45 records.

Sure makes one wonder about Canadian Tire and these 'deals'. They are still making good money on these products. how big is there markup to begin with. seems pretty dam high tbh

I never buy anything majour full price at CTC unless it is a real emergency, always wait till it is on sale , seems in a 6 - 8 weeks cycle they rotate the whole inventory through a 60-70 percent off sale. Honestly for a bumbling home handy man like me , I think the Maximum line of stuff is pretty decent, stay away from Jobmate though.

I hear you Canuck2. Mom and Dad went into a small 1 bedroom residence last March after 60 years in the family home.. I couldn't give away some valuable items, my place is full to the rafters with stuff from my childhood home. We filled a large dumpster that barely fit in the driveway with thousands of $$$$$ of stuff, a sad time for sure but I know they are safe out of that huge house with all those stairs. No garage sale, there was still 2 feet of snow on the ground last March. Apparently none of the kids wanted any VHS machines complete with re winders, Remember re winders anyone? And cassette players complete with Dean Martin and Tom Jones tapes. One of the great grand kids had no clue what the wall hanging pencil sharpener was for or the 45 records.

You definitely get it then... We filled 3 dumpsters this WEEK, after the donations, sales and what they took to their new home. I don't call it the apartment in front of them, I only refer to it as their home LOL..

It was like a stroll down memory lane for us in a way too...

Was looking at the CT site last night as I need a planer for a project.

Well they had the Mastercraft 3 1/2" bundled with their belt sander on for $89.95.

Went in today and found out that the sale ended yesterday. :(

No problem though as the manager did a price over ride and gave me the sale price. :good:

Regular price is $210 for the bundle.

I have had nothing but good luck dealing with my local store.

They know how to keep us customers happy. :good: :good: :good:

Now I guess I have to take care of that project. :rolleyes:

PICs to come. B)

I find it kinda strange the black Friday lasts 2-3 weeks now. Are brick and mortar businesses dying under the net power?

The issues facing storefronts is they need to have prime locations with display area where as the internet can rent a warehouse next to the railroad tracks. To often we as consumers will see the item in the store and get to evaluate it then go home and find it at a cheaper price on the net. The net is also getting in the game with CyberMonday as an attempt to pull in more businesses. The big overhead on net shopping is the cost of shipping since it is not a pallet load going to store X but rather many smaller shipments to various addresses. While many will give you "free shipping" at a cost break point it is just figured in to the cost of all of the items sold.

Art

Didn't see anything good for cyber Monday yesterday. My favourite obstacle course company hand "20% Off any and all races". Which was nice. But when I went to sign up for a season pass (All races in Eastern Canada for once price) they wouldn't take the 20% off deal. What a joke. "20% Off any and all races. Except if you want all the races at once." I think they could afford the $50 discount.