TV Question NF

Loonietoon

Well, I needed a $5 part for my 6 month old LG stove and the Canadian customer service was NON-EXISTENT. I didn't really care that it was under warranty and didn't need a service call, I just wanted them to mail me the little part. Nada, I got nowhere after days of phone calls and e-mails so I gave up and managed to buy the part on-line from the US. Even the private repair companies I called refuse to have anything to do with LG due to their crappy support.

I really hope you have better luck than most people with LG but if you end up buying a new one, I would look at something that can be serviced.

Another thing that can work is to hold down the power button on the tv (not the remote) when you turn it on. Frustrating, I know, but might as well try everything before repairing or replacing.

Try another outlet?

Is it plugged into a "box" of some sorts? Cable/satellite/pvr

Having said that, I would suspect the power supply in the tv to be suspect...

I have an LG 56" about 6-7 years old.... Plasma... Has never caused me an issue. I'll do some digging for you

Thanks Gerritt, did do a little googleing and that is 1 thing that came up still got it unplugged like Wayne said

Shot in the dark, but have a look at the back of the unit to make sure all the vents/fans are clear of dust.

Most likely it's a power supply issue though as the TV is going into protect mode by turning off.

Power surges from lightning storms and power outages (power going off and on) really do a number on them, as long is the TV is plugged in. It doesn't matter whether they are on or not.

HH

Well I have done everything every one has suggested and still doing it,,, spoke to a repair shop today and he said send me the model & ser # and he will check for parts as he his sure what it is and get back to me if it is worth repairing... Thanks all for your help,,, especially WAYNE Thanks buddy